Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler headlines Bellator 54 on Oct. 15

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez will put his title on the line against season-four tournament winner Michael Chandler at Bellator 54.

Bellator Fighting Championships officials today announced the official date for the booking, which Chandler earned by defeating Patricky Freire, Lloyd Woodard and Marcin Held during Bellator's recent 155-pound bracket.

The two now headline Bellator 54, which takes place at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J. The evening's main card airs on MTV2.

LINK

Post #1   7/28/11 6:26:18PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Should be good fight I actually like Chandler and think Alvarez is way over rated...Didnt Alvarex say he thoguht he could be UFC champ...Crazy...Guillard would murder Alvarez on Eddies best day...IMO

Post #2   7/28/11 6:35:58PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Should be good fight I actually like Chandler and think Alvarez is way over rated...Didnt Alvarex say he thoguht he could be UFC champ...Crazy...Guillard would murder Alvarez on Eddies best day...IMO

You suck.

Anyways, awesome fight. I think Alvarez has the ability to finish this one and I'm just happy to see him back in the cage.

Post #3   7/28/11 7:23:01PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,803-1,002
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

He's not really that overrated. When most fans talk about him, it's how much they like the guy and enjoy watching him fight. I almost never see fans talking about how they think he's the best Lightweight in the world or that he can wreck this champ or that champ. He's just a very likable guy who puts on exciting fights.

Post #4   7/28/11 7:46:51PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

He's not really that overrated. When most fans talk about him, it's how much they like the guy and enjoy watching him fight. I almost never see fans talking about how they think he's the best Lightweight in the world or that he can wreck this champ or that champ. He's just a very likable guy who puts on exciting fights.

Alvarez is a top ranked lightweight for a reason. I look for Alvarez to finish this pretty early. But hey kingsmasher, I respect you going against the grain brother

Last edited 7/29/11 3:53PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/28/11 7:58:53PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Chips:
I don't think eddie is overrated BUT I do think Chandler is a live underdog. The guy is a top prospect regardless of weight class. I think after this fight win or loser he's going to grow considerably from this fight.

Post #6   7/28/11 8:14:48PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Alvarez is a top yanked lightweight for a reason. I look for Alvarez to finish this pretty early. But hey kingsmasher, I respect you going against the grain brother

Man Chandler is gonna wrestle Eddie down and thats that...Eddie cant wrestle at all...but he thinks he can!!!! Dont make me pull out the MMA math on you guys!!! take some more of this...and this

Post #7   7/28/11 8:17:36PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Alvarez is a top yanked lightweight for a reason. I look for Alvarez to finish this pretty early. But hey kingsmasher, I respect you going against the grain brother

Man Chandler is gonna wrestle Eddie down and thats that...Eddie cant wrestle at all...but he thinks he can!!!! Dont make me pull out the MMA math on you guys!!! take some more of this...and this

Avatar bet? If we both remember.

Post #8   7/28/11 9:36:45PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

since when can eddie not wrestle?

Post #9   7/29/11 3:29:30AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Bloodhound

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

I know he says and thinks he can but hes not a wrestler...like Chandler, Edgar , Maynard but ask him he thinks hes great...

Post #10   7/29/11 8:34:23AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bloodhound

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

I know he says and thinks he can but hes not a wrestler...like Chandler, Edgar , Maynard but ask him he thinks hes great..hes considerted a boxer more I dont think he even wrestled in college actually.

Post #11   7/29/11 8:38:01AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Alvarez is a top yanked lightweight

LUCKY!!!

I want to be top yanked!!!

Post #12   7/29/11 9:31:08AM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:1,419-830
Chips:
well see his wrestling will be put to test in this fight but i believe eddie will pick chandler apart with strikes, though i think chandler will be his toughest test in bellator yet

Post #13   7/29/11 10:47:41AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prophecy033

Alvarez is a top yanked lightweight

LUCKY!!!

I want to be top yanked!!!

I bet you do

Post #14   7/29/11 3:54:28PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:2,112-1,310
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Very funny!!

Overrated why? Maybe you should go watch fights from when he was very active 2008/2009. Only 2 losses, and to two great fighters (Thompson in his prime). He has beaten some top 10 fighters. I take it your new to MMA?
Guy was on fire, before he took his break, and I think Chandler has no chance in this one. Guillard comment was very funny btw, keep the jokes coming.

Last edited 7/29/11 6:14PM server time by joewarren33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   7/29/11 6:10:11PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2