Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Despite doubters, Strikeforce's Daniel Cormier knows he's ready for grand-prix slot

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Daniel Cormier was training, as usual, this past week when his manager and trainer at American Kickboxing Academy, Bob Cook, came up to him and said he'd missed a call from the UFC.

Cook, however, had gotten a text around the same time from another source who made clear what the call was about.

Antonio Silva's manager, Alex Davis, had written this to him: "I guess we're going to be standing across the cage from each other."

LINK

Post #1   7/27/11 9:28:16AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Chips:
He may be ready but bigfoot will still hulk smash him

Post #2   7/27/11 11:13:10AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I have a feeling Cormier will beat Silva.

Post #3   7/27/11 11:41:06AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

if silva comes in focused like he did vs Fedor I don't see cormier beating him. Their is a big difference between Fedor and Jeff monson. But cormier has good standup and if I'm not mistaken he's a good greco guy

Post #4   7/27/11 12:41:06PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

if silva comes in focused like he did vs Fedor I don't see cormier beating him. Their is a big difference between Fedor and Jeff monson. But cormier has good standup and if I'm not mistaken he's a good greco guy

His wrestling is world class and he didn't just beat Monson. He completely handled him for 3 rounds. Silva is a very tough guy but Im thinking this is Cormier's coming out party. He'll keep it on the feet where he has an advantage imo.

Post #5   7/27/11 1:11:48PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I think Cormier has an advantage on the feet and can take Silva down...

Silva is good but beating Fedor is what it is....All a fighter has to do is watch Fedors right hand...It will all come down to who ends up in better position when they fall...

Post #6   7/27/11 1:17:31PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

His wrestling is world class and he didn't just beat Monson. He completely handled him for 3 rounds. Silva is a very tough guy but Im thinking this is Cormier's coming out party. He'll keep it on the feet where he has an advantage imo.

Cormier may have dominated monson for three rounds but silva beat the hell out of Fedor. Everyone can claim Fedor doesn't have anything but a right but that's false. He has quick hands that allow him to get inside for the clinch. Pretty good takedowns and good control once it hits the ground. Silva was able to stop Fedor. Plus we don't know how Cormier fights off his back, when he gets in hot water, or when he's rocked. I agree it will be a good fight tho

Last edited 7/27/11 3:16PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/27/11 3:10:55PM