Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Thoughts on Penn VS Condit

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

KNIGHT

MMA Regular

KNIGHT Avatar

Career:1,888-1,049
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think the fans win regardless of the outcome. This will be a hard fight to watch for as I am a fan of both. As for bj retiring i dont see it happening anytime soon as long as he is competive. So if I do have to pick one i will say bj because i don't think he has to worry about being taken down and if wants to take the fght to the ground I think he can. I do think if Carlos wins we see bj back at lightweight where he belongs.

Post #16   7/29/11 8:02:06PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Kampmann v. Condit

I can see that, maybe with BJ sinking in a choke to finish

Post #17   7/30/11 2:35:15AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I wish it was a 5 round co-main event to the GSP/Diaz main event since it'll probably be winner vs. winner.

I wish the same.
Also, winner vs winner seems like it'd be a great fight, but so does loser vs loser.

Post #18   7/31/11 4:37:47PM   

Tripp_2

Learning to Sprawl

Tripp_2 Avatar

Career:715-458
Camp: MMAHQ
Chips:
I think Condit is very well rounded, has good cardio and a size advantage.If he comes in with a good gameplan he should win.I think BJ has to come out early and hurt him to win.I don't see BJ winning this one in the late rounds.

I am excited to see this fight and expect it to be better than some think its going to be.

Post #19   8/5/11 11:57:00AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I have noticed over the years BJ does not have a warrior mentality. If he feels he will win, he will have a good showing no matter what the outcome may be... If he comes in feeling like something is bothering him, expect him to have a poor showing.

In essence, I am saying BJ has to make up his mind whether he is going to win or lose this fight before it happens. I would love to see Penn come in - bobbing his head and looking like he is ready to fight.

Let's give Penn the benefit of the doubt and assume he comes in ready to go to war. If that is the case, I think a three round fight will not hinder Penn's cardio as much as some have suggested.

One thing we have to keep in mind, Penn is really good at rolling with the punches and this may be his life saving attribute against Condit. At some point in the match, I expect Penn to rock Condit and it will be over quickly as soon as that happens.

Post #20   8/5/11 2:42:01PM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
I see it being a very exciting fight. I still think Penn has a lot left in the tank but i think condit is at the point in his career where he is at his best. Condit is making a serious run at the title. I wish condit the best but BJ is my favorite fighter. I hope BJ wins but i wouldn't be surprised or upset if condits road to the title continues.

Last edited 8/7/11 7:38PM server time by runningman08
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   8/7/11 7:36:32PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2