Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC President Dana White: We Always Planned to Come Back to Denver

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighting Championship began in Denver nearly 20 years ago, but the promotion hasn’t operated a pay-per-view event in the Mile High City since “The Ultimate Ultimate” in 1995. Zuffa, the UFC’s parent company, wasn’t even the owner back then.

UFC president Dana White, in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com, says that the company he is part owner of, alongside Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta, has long been on a course to return to Denver, but they wanted to do it the right way.

Article

Article includes video of Dana talking of the return to Denver.

Post #1   7/24/11 9:51:17AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think its pretty cool to go back to were it all started. But the one place I wish the would go back to is Japan. Have the fight at the Saitama Super Arena and do it up big. Have all the former PRIDEFC fighters on the card. Big and Little Nog, Rampage, Takanori Gomi, Cro-Cop (if he's still around) wanderlei (same as mirko) Shogun. That card would rack in record numbers for Zuffa just from the size of the arena

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #2   7/24/11 12:42:50PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:495-373
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

I think its pretty cool to go back to were it all started. But the one place I wish the would go back to is Japan. Have the fight at the Saitama Super Arena and do it up big. Have all the former PRIDEFC fighters on the card. Big and Little Nog, Rampage, Takanori Gomi, Cro-Cop (if he's still around) wanderlei (same as mirko) Shogun. That card would rack in record numbers for Zuffa just from the size of the arena

i wouldn't want to see all former pride fighters.. a lot of these guys are kinda over the hill and can't quite perform.. i think its one thing to honor the past but you can't try to recreate it. they should just do what they're doing with brazil.. have a stacked card that pays homage to local fighters.. so yeah the relevant pride fighters definately but they shouldn't have it be an ALL pride card

Post #3   7/24/11 2:42:17PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15

Posted by prophecy033

i wouldn't want to see all former pride fighters.. a lot of these guys are kinda over the hill and can't quite perform.. i think its one thing to honor the past but you can't try to recreate it. they should just do what they're doing with brazil.. have a stacked card that pays homage to local fighters.. so yeah the relevant pride fighters definately but they shouldn't have it be an ALL pride card

I see what your saying, and I agree, I was just think from a financial standpoint

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #4   7/24/11 4:08:33PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
You would think denver would have had a better card

Post #5   7/24/11 5:15:20PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar