Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage irritated with everyone trying to wrestle him. Wants someone who will "come to fight"

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Rampage vs Kimbo would be a good fight to give Page an easy knockout!

Kimbo was badass in street fights, but pro fighting is much harder. I would bet that Kimbo would go for the takedown. Once kimbo realized he could get ko'd or submitted, his mma gameplan became takedown and gnp. although he had a nice suplex, his mma skills were only good enough to beat another brawler with no ground game on an off night.

Wrestling is the ish in mma right now, its not pretty, but gets the w a majority of the time. I was so disapointed Guida beat Pettis, because Pettis has awesome standup and subs, and he was bear hugged by Guida for 15 minutes, and lost. I think people don't take some aspects of the game seriously, and will lose fights as a result. I am hoping Rampage can learn how to stop a takedown from someone like Jon Jones. His takedowns are pretty unstoppable for his division. In order to be a champ, you have to have good wrestling, not just for defense, but as offense also.

Rampage is going to have to run after Jones to get inside and land a punch, I think it's possible Rampage wins but its not likely unless Jones gasses out from trying to finish like Carwin/Lesnar.

Post #31   7/24/11 12:22:42PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by tn_rebel

If Bones gets ahold of Rampage (which he will), he will not hold on like Rashad. HE will toss him around like a rag doll just like he does everyone else, and then pound him out with elbows. Rd 2 TKO

When have you ever seen anyone toss Rampage around like a ragdoll? I don't care how big Jones is, he will have difficulties with Rampage's strength.

When have you ever seen Shogun get tossed around like a grade schooler? Reference the Jones fight.....Remember all of the Shogun is superior, blah, blah, etc.....same thing with Rampage.....Rampage may be "stronger" but that doesn't equate to being victorious over Bones.

Post #32   7/24/11 1:55:00PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

Actually Not a joke...Kimbo in the stand up is game....and Im not sayig who would win but we all know that both these guys beg people to stand...Seriously you wouldnt want to see it? I mean Kimbo is a big dude...I personally dont see anything special with Rampage...Against all right guys hes won but seriously I think Kimbo woulda knocked out Jardine...but I know Jardine would try to take it to the ground...

lmao Jardine would have kicked the **** out of Kimbos legs. Kimbo is too damn slow for Jardine and would prob get knocked out

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #33   7/24/11 2:48:41PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Of all the comments out there its all sepculation and untruths...First I SAID IF RAMPAGE WANTS A STAND UP SHOULDA FOUGHT KIMBO.....THen I read about technique....lmao...what is Rampages technique? he has none he relies on power and his chin...He hardly moves...but he is the strongest in the division...

I said if he wanted a standup fight and nothing else Kimbo is the only guy out there that would oblige...

Actually the kimbo you see in a cage is way way diffenet than Kimbo in a st fight...In his st fights knees and kicking arent allowed strictly stand up...Witht hat said I would take Kimbo over Rampage because his technique and movement in his street fights is way better than Rampage I have seen technique wise...

I think everyone here buys in to Rampages big mouth...He sells it and is entertaining but in all honesty...He beat nobody...He mighta barely beat Forrest but he didnt hit Machida one time...Anyone with movement beats Rampage...If he had such great technique and precision hed have more KOs..

Oh I forgot his last KO was against who? the same guy who Chris Leben knocked out....lmao and before that...Chuck Lidell Who Franklin KO....

I tell you who would beat the crap outta Rampage in teh style he wants...Bring on Mousasi...and I think he sux cuss he cant wrestle...but he would work Rampage over...

Post #34   7/24/11 4:03:37PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Of all the comments out there its all sepculation and untruths...First I SAID IF RAMPAGE WANTS A STAND UP SHOULDA FOUGHT KIMBO.....THen I read about technique....lmao...what is Rampages technique? he has none he relies on power and his chin...He hardly moves...but he is the strongest in the division...

I said if he wanted a standup fight and nothing else Kimbo is the only guy out there that would oblige...

Actually the kimbo you see in a cage is way way diffenet than Kimbo in a st fight...In his st fights knees and kicking arent allowed strictly stand up...Witht hat said I would take Kimbo over Rampage because his technique and movement in his street fights is way better than Rampage I have seen technique wise...

I think everyone here buys in to Rampages big mouth...He sells it and is entertaining but in all honesty...He beat nobody...He mighta barely beat Forrest but he didnt hit Machida one time...Anyone with movement beats Rampage...If he had such great technique and precision hed have more KOs..

Oh I forgot his last KO was against who? the same guy who Chris Leben knocked out....lmao and before that...Chuck Lidell Who Franklin KO....

I tell you who would beat the crap outta Rampage in teh style he wants...Bring on Mousasi...and I think he sux cuss he cant wrestle...but he would work Rampage over...

Have you seen the bums Kimbo has fought in the streets

Post #35   7/24/11 4:31:43PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by kingsmasher

Have you seen the bums Kimbo has fought in the streets

Once again not paying attention I said yeah I commented on his technique and movement..>Something I have never see rampage do...So if he wanted a stand up fight....I think Kimbo would win...Everyone can disagree its just my opinion and everyone else here is just buying what? Have you seen the st fight where Kimbo let a guy punch him in the face....Just let him hit him...GUy wasnt Rampage..>All I am saying is wheres Rampages so called great standup everyone seems to think he has...I dont see it and if no threat of a leg kick or takedown...it would have been entertaining..

I just think Kimbo had better technique than Rampage, equally strong but I will say hes a tad slower now cause hes 5 yrs older...This all started in just Page wating a standup..IM sure the fight was brought up but theyre buddies....SO it wasnt gonna happen but Kimbo is bigger...And if Rampage were to add some weight I said at a catchweight...It would be a lot closer...

Post #36   7/24/11 4:42:36PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:
I think I know this is all from Pride lovers who love Rampage...Same people who i bet three years ago swore up and down Fedor was the greatest....Rampage is way over-rated....Way over-rated...Basically if he doesnt land a lucky punch on Jones...He has no shot of winning....Rua killed Rampage....Jones killed Rua...

Theres your MMA math...So I will take Jones in an avatar bet...All based on MMA math...because nobody believes in it "MMA math" except thats how odds are made in betting..and Vegas always wins...

Post #37   7/24/11 4:47:27PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Rampage may get what he asks for. He may not like it either. I hope Rampage can pull this one off but seriously....I think he is going to get hurt.

Post #38   7/24/11 4:56:38PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

hahahahaha. :rofl

I actually gave him props assuming it was a joke. Then read his response. Truly the worst proposed match up ever. Rampage would knock him out inside of 30 seconds.

Post #39   7/24/11 5:13:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I think Rampage may have a point when it comes to MMA viewership potentially declining. Where things are right now,I believe that the unified rules of MMA favors a wrestling base more than any other. If you can take someone down and control position, like a wrestling match, you can win your fight. You may have to throw some kind of weak strikes in there, or act like you are going to pass to keep it from getting stood up. But you really can just wrestle a win out of someone.

How many times have any of you had some friends over for the fights? You want to show your them what MMA is all about, what you're going so crazy over. And then you have a bunch of wrestling for two hours. Maybe one good fight mixed in there where you can say, "That's a good display of mixed martial arts". It's disheartening.

I believe there have been eras of the sport, where there is a focus on a certain art in MMA. First was obviously Jiu-Jitsu. Now I feel like we are in the wrestling area. And I feel we need to get out of it. I don't think it's doing any favors for the sport.

If I were asked to show someone the perfect example of an MMA match, I would probably pick Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis. That fight had it all, and not just the showtime kick, that was the cherry on top of one of the best wars I personally have ever seen. Striking, wrestling, BJJ, sweeps and reversals. That was 25 minutes of non-stop mayhem, and that fight went everywhere.

If I had to show someone an example of what needs to change in MMA, I'd show them a Ben Askren fight. I love the kid, he is a superb athlete, and his ridiculous trash talk makes me chuckle. But his style is about as entertaining as watching grass grow.

Sure, wrestling wins matches. But that's just because of the way the scoring system is theses days. In a real fight, there is no way to finish someone from wrestling. I mean, unless you pin them for 25 minutes and make them too exhausted to continue..... And I don't want to see that. That's not a MMA, in my opinion. That's wrestling.

Truth brotha.

Wrestling wins because of the rules. Not because its a good fighting style.

Post #40   7/24/11 5:15:43PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:918-541
Chips:
Sounds like Rampage is trying to goad Jones to stand with him. Which is fine, gotta do what you gotta do to try and find an advantageous way to win. Although I dont see an all out striking battle happen, I think Jones will mix it up and stand with Rampage a bit and mix in his wrestling.

Post #41   7/24/11 5:20:18PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

All based on MMA math...because nobody believes in it "MMA math" except thats how odds are made in betting..and Vegas always wins...

That is NOT how vegas attributes betting lines. How can you be so certain in area's where you are so clearly wrong?

Post #42   7/24/11 5:37:55PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by kingsmasher

All based on MMA math...because nobody believes in it "MMA math" except thats how odds are made in betting..and Vegas always wins...

That is NOT how vegas attributes betting lines. How can you be so certain in area's where you are so clearly wrong?

Wow seriously you think I am clearly wrong? Let me guess they consider style match ups too...but more often than not they base it upon algorithms based on opponents records and rate them by strength...is that what you think..Well you are right about that but thet only use that based on a handful of a fighters last, I would guess four to five fights....so therefore yeah MMA math is used...

its based on that if you just look at the lines....Tito and rashad for instance...Rashad whom I do like "as a fighter" is a huge favorite...Why because they base his last opponents strength compared to Titos...but theyre first fight arguably Tito some think won...but Rashad has fought better competition since...

Basically that is MMA math...I had to clarify and I know the fighter a b and c pple think is mma math...its used way more than u think....same with all sports algorithms are used and sometimes of course the x factors but more often than not vegas doesnt use X factors....Bettors like myself do....but I like for the weakest lines....and bet one fight...and in sports...

Post #43   7/24/11 6:11:44PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think you just changed your definition of MMA math from A > B > C = A > C (Which is for lack of a better word, Asinine), into MMA algorithm. Which, ****** maybe might have merit, but is far different than the MMA math you proposed in the prior post.

But yeah, Rashad is a favorite over Tito because he's performed at a higher level, had negative variables counting against him in his first performance against tito(injured pre-fight), and because its easy to infer the limitations and strong points of their styles, so meshing the two against each other is quite easy.

Betting lines have more to do with the abstraction of variables and skill then it does Algorithm. If it was more-Algorithm based than abstraction based, Fedor wouldn't be a 2-1 favorite over Hendo.

It would be far easier to win money betting on MMA by assessing the algorithm in question, and betting on the fighters who have had their algorithm value diminished farther than their skill, than the current system. Because the current system is Subjectively based, you have to way your hunches against an expert, and thats why vegas always wins in the long run.

Post #44   7/24/11 6:31:01PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

hahahahaha. :rofl

I actually gave him props assuming it was a joke. Then read his response. Truly the worst proposed match up ever. Rampage would knock him out inside of 30 seconds.

Yeah just like he did Jardine and Hamill....Nice bet 7000 Kim over Condit....When you make predictions like inside 30 seconds...i know where you are talking from...

Post #45   7/24/11 6:31:50PM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4