Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage irritated with everyone trying to wrestle him. Wants someone who will "come to fight"

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

Actually Not a joke...Kimbo in the stand up is game....and Im not sayig who would win but we all know that both these guys beg people to stand...Seriously you wouldnt want to see it? I mean Kimbo is a big dude...I personally dont see anything special with Rampage...Against all right guys hes won but seriously I think Kimbo woulda knocked out Jardine...but I know Jardine would try to take it to the ground...

If you thought Kimbo ran a marathon against Houston Alexander, what do you think he'll do against Rampage? He would make Bisping look slow.

Post #16   7/23/11 10:03:28PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

Actually Not a joke...Kimbo in the stand up is game....and Im not sayig who would win but we all know that both these guys beg people to stand...Seriously you wouldnt want to see it? I mean Kimbo is a big dude...I personally dont see anything special with Rampage...Against all right guys hes won but seriously I think Kimbo woulda knocked out Jardine...but I know Jardine would try to take it to the ground...

If you thought Kimbo ran a marathon against Houston Alexander, what do you think he'll do against Rampage? He would make Bisping look slow.

are u watching shark fights I forgot about that fight but im watching shark fights and alexander is fighting lol

Post #17   7/23/11 10:07:09PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

but as you say that Houston alex and sokujou would both IMO beat Jardine...Thing about Alexander hes a jekyll hyde fighter which one shows up u never know...Houston just crushed Soku in the second...

Post #18   7/23/11 10:12:10PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I am at a loss for words.

Post #19   7/23/11 11:17:21PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

No, just no

+1. Seriously no interest in watching that.

Post #20   7/23/11 11:21:37PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by kingsmasher

Some MMA fighters are like cry babies when I play someone in darts...If you dont want to get pointed on close your numbers...If you dont want to be taken down....Well teh last place I would be is the Wolfslair...FInd a gym of great wreslters and work on takedown defense...The mind game wont work on Jones and actually might piss him off and I dont think that would bode well for Rampage when Jones gets him in a precarious position...Instead of ending the fight he might choose to embarrass u...

The first time I've seen an analogy with darts to MMA.

Haha that's sum funny ****!!

Post #21   7/23/11 11:41:48PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Chips:
Did I really just read that Rampage would've been afraid of Kimbo's stand up had they ever fought?

Wow.... just wow.

Post #22   7/23/11 11:59:07PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Did I really just read that Rampage would've been afraid of Kimbo's stand up had they ever fought?

Wow.... just wow.

I'm with you on that. Rampage fought chuck AND wanderlei, kimbos not on their level. And don't give me street fights as a reason he is OR the Thompson fight

Post #23   7/24/11 12:30:44AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I thought for sure it had to be a joke.

Look I was never a Kimbo hater, I liked the guy a lot. He had a good attitude and he knew that he really wasn't a great fighter and that he had a lot to learn. That being said, the guy was not anywhere near Rampage's level. During the time that Slice was in the UFC, Rampage was fighting for title contention.

It would've been just destruction. Seth Petruzelli knocked the guy out with a jab.

Post #24   7/24/11 12:35:22AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Chips:
I'm no lover of kingsmasher's posts, but I have to admit that I'd like to see that fight. If ever Kimbo had a shot against Page it would be standing and I could see the fight being entertaining if Page kept it tat way.

Post #25   7/24/11 3:40:05AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm no lover of kingsmasher's posts, but I have to admit that I'd like to see that fight. If ever Kimbo had a shot against Page it would be standing and I could see the fight being entertaining if Page kept it tat way.

Post #26   7/24/11 3:49:25AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Pookie

He's getting in Jones head. Yes. Sonnen-Style. Excellent.

The other way around....Rampage is scared.....very scared.

The all are, the healthy ones at least.

But them scared doesn't equate to "in their head" directly. He's in Jones head; Both should be scared of the other.

Post #27   7/24/11 5:45:32AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Chips:
And yeah, Rampage might slam Kimbo... but i dont know if i've ever even seen him attempt a traditional "takedown". So i don't see how you can believe "Rampage would take it to the ground" when his stand-up is so clearly superior both offensively and defensively. Or maybe you just can't see it .

Post #28   7/24/11 5:50:55AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

If Bones gets ahold of Rampage (which he will), he will not hold on like Rashad. HE will toss him around like a rag doll just like he does everyone else, and then pound him out with elbows. Rd 2 TKO

When have you ever seen anyone toss Rampage around like a ragdoll? I don't care how big Jones is, he will have difficulties with Rampage's strength.

Post #29   7/24/11 8:05:14AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,491-903
Chips:
I think Rampage may have a point when it comes to MMA viewership potentially declining. Where things are right now,I believe that the unified rules of MMA favors a wrestling base more than any other. If you can take someone down and control position, like a wrestling match, you can win your fight. You may have to throw some kind of weak strikes in there, or act like you are going to pass to keep it from getting stood up. But you really can just wrestle a win out of someone.

How many times have any of you had some friends over for the fights? You want to show your them what MMA is all about, what you're going so crazy over. And then you have a bunch of wrestling for two hours. Maybe one good fight mixed in there where you can say, "That's a good display of mixed martial arts". It's disheartening.

I believe there have been eras of the sport, where there is a focus on a certain art in MMA. First was obviously Jiu-Jitsu. Now I feel like we are in the wrestling area. And I feel we need to get out of it. I don't think it's doing any favors for the sport.

If I were asked to show someone the perfect example of an MMA match, I would probably pick Benson Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis. That fight had it all, and not just the showtime kick, that was the cherry on top of one of the best wars I personally have ever seen. Striking, wrestling, BJJ, sweeps and reversals. That was 25 minutes of non-stop mayhem, and that fight went everywhere.

If I had to show someone an example of what needs to change in MMA, I'd show them a Ben Askren fight. I love the kid, he is a superb athlete, and his ridiculous trash talk makes me chuckle. But his style is about as entertaining as watching grass grow.

Sure, wrestling wins matches. But that's just because of the way the scoring system is theses days. In a real fight, there is no way to finish someone from wrestling. I mean, unless you pin them for 25 minutes and make them too exhausted to continue..... And I don't want to see that. That's not a MMA, in my opinion. That's wrestling.

Last edited 7/24/11 11:38AM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: spelling! idiocy!

Post #30   7/24/11 11:38:31AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4