Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage irritated with everyone trying to wrestle him. Wants someone who will "come to fight"

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
Both sides of this issue are very understandable... Rampage wants someone to let him throw his hands because he sees this as a chance to entertain fans and have some fun, but if I was in a cage with that mad man I would try to hold him down for as long as I can.. anything to keep those cinderblocks he calls hands away from me.

"Jackson is also quite adamant that he feels Jones will execute the same game plan Evans had. He's already attempting to avoid that by engaging in a bit of psychological warfare in challenging "Bones'" manhood if he does, in fact, make it wrestlemania in Denver on Sept. 24 at UFC 135."

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/7/23/2290282/rampage-jackson-pretty-soon-mma-is-going-to-be-like-boxing-and-nobody

Post #1   7/23/11 6:30:07PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Evans is the only guy in recent memory I can remember wrestling with him. He's just trying to fake Jones into standing with him.

Post #2   7/23/11 6:40:09PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
If Bones gets ahold of Rampage (which he will), he will not hold on like Rashad. HE will toss him around like a rag doll just like he does everyone else, and then pound him out with elbows. Rd 2 TKO

Post #3   7/23/11 6:48:37PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Jones does a very good job of "fighting" on the ground as well as keeping it standing.....Bones = well rounded.....Rampage, not so much....quit crying Rampage.

Post #4   7/23/11 7:10:14PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Evans is the only guy in recent memory I can remember wrestling with him. He's just trying to fake Jones into standing with him.

That's what i was thinking

Post #5   7/23/11 7:39:39PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,928-1,077
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He's getting in Jones head. Yes. Sonnen-Style. Excellent.

Post #6   7/23/11 7:52:13PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Chips:
Listen here rampage, I figured you would know buy now but I'm gonna tell you again, dudes can fight HOWEVER they want as long as its legal. Stop whining. Learn to fight off your back and it won't be a problem

Post #7   7/23/11 7:56:42PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

He's getting in Jones head. Yes. Sonnen-Style. Excellent.

The other way around....Rampage is scared.....very scared.

Post #8   7/23/11 8:08:08PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

Post #9   7/23/11 8:15:52PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

If Bones gets ahold of Rampage (which he will), he will not hold on like Rashad. HE will toss him around like a rag doll just like he does everyone else, and then pound him out with elbows. Rd 2 TKO

His long reach makes it easy to get leverage quickly and throw guys like rag dolls..He just physically the best build for MMA and the division...I swear when hes in the ring he looks like inspector gadjet sometimes...

Post #10   7/23/11 8:18:58PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:
Some MMA fighters are like cry babies when I play someone in darts...If you dont want to get pointed on close your numbers...If you dont want to be taken down....Well teh last place I would be is the Wolfslair...FInd a gym of great wreslters and work on takedown defense...The mind game wont work on Jones and actually might piss him off and I dont think that would bode well for Rampage when Jones gets him in a precarious position...Instead of ending the fight he might choose to embarrass u...

Post #11   7/23/11 8:22:15PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I always wanted to see Rampage fight Kimbo Slice lets not even kid around...but then of course Rampage woulda tried taking it to the ground...

Rampage and Kimbo woulda been great for the UFC and sales I think...Surprised nobody ever brought up this idea...Even a catchweight...

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

Post #12   7/23/11 9:15:09PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Some MMA fighters are like cry babies when I play someone in darts...If you dont want to get pointed on close your numbers...If you dont want to be taken down....Well teh last place I would be is the Wolfslair...FInd a gym of great wreslters and work on takedown defense...The mind game wont work on Jones and actually might piss him off and I dont think that would bode well for Rampage when Jones gets him in a precarious position...Instead of ending the fight he might choose to embarrass u...

The first time I've seen an analogy with darts to MMA.

Post #13   7/23/11 9:19:10PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

I can't tell if this is a joke or if you're being serious, honestly. Somehow I doubt that Rampage would be really worried about Kimbo Slice's standup. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this is a joke.

Actually Not a joke...Kimbo in the stand up is game....and Im not sayig who would win but we all know that both these guys beg people to stand...Seriously you wouldnt want to see it? I mean Kimbo is a big dude...I personally dont see anything special with Rampage...Against all right guys hes won but seriously I think Kimbo woulda knocked out Jardine...but I know Jardine would try to take it to the ground...

Post #14   7/23/11 9:38:46PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,857-1,481
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Aether

Posted by kingsmasher

Actually Not a joke...Kimbo in the stand up is game....and Im not sayig who would win but we all know that both these guys beg people to stand...Seriously you wouldnt want to see it? I mean Kimbo is a big dude...I personally dont see anything special with Rampage...Against all right guys hes won but seriously I think Kimbo woulda knocked out Jardine...but I know Jardine would try to take it to the ground...

No, just no

Post #15   7/23/11 9:45:35PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4