Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Urijah Faber vs Brian Bowles fight set for UFC 139 in November

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by pmoney

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by quezocrema0032

And prefect number one contender fight.

I disagree. Faber just fought the title, and I'm tired of seeing him taking the easy routes to title contention, and honestly I'm not at all interested in seeing Cruz/Faber 3 so soon. That's something that should wait at least a year or two.

Oh hell yes. Awesome post, I could not agree more. If I didn't have to spread the love....

This is almost what was being discussed in the Fitch thread. The popular, undeserving fighters getting a crack at title shots over the guys who have actually been putting in hard work. Yeah, you want to have fights that are marketable and will make money. But in my mind, having the hardest working, most deserving fighters fighting who they should, when they should, will do more for your company than anything.

I hope Urijah doesn't win. I don't want him getting another title shot after one win. Plus, Bowles-Cruz is marketable. It's almost the same exact story as Cruz-Faber 2.

Agreed.

The question you have to ask yourself is:

Do we want MMA to go the road of a legitimate sport? Or in 10years do we want it to be almost indistinguishable from professional wrestling?

cant argue with this

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   7/22/11 12:42:27PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
if faber wins does he get another shot at title.. bad move.. let him fight someone else and hopefully bring more attention to lower weight classes bc right now i can only think of a few people who make me want to watch

Post #17   7/22/11 5:13:03PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,064-1,097
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Personally I am a huge cruz fan and I think people don't give him enough credit he's beating the best guys in the world at his weight class easily. Then he fought Faber and was in a real scrap and Faber had a fight that let people know he could beat Cruz. I didn't want an immediate rematch but if Faber beats Bowles he deserves the fight against Cruz. You guys are complaining about "the deserving" fighter being skipped over but in this case there is no fighter being skipped. Cruz already beat every other top bantamweight out there except mighty mouse. And out of the top 4 (Faber, Bowles, Jorgensen, and JoeB) Faber has a win over the champ and its a 1 to 1 series. If you guys don't like that Faber is close again thank Cruz for beating everyone else and leaving no challengers.

Post #18   7/22/11 5:31:04PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2