Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Lorenzo Fertitta calls for random testing to end TRT abuse

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta (via Yahoo Sports) is speaking out against testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) abuse in the wake of Great-gate back on June 26 in Pittsburgh.

Nate Marquardt, who nearly sabotaged the UFC on Versus 4 telecast after testing out of range with the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission, joins Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson and Todd Duffee on the ever-growing list of current and former Zuffa fighters using TRT.

Article

Post #1   7/20/11 5:31:36PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Chips:
Here's another reason why I like Dan Henderson, and don't like him being on some "list" of fighters who use TRT. Henderson is in his 40's now. He's been doing the TRT thing for a while now. But it never came up as an issue before because, unlike other competitors, he is always in range and has his paperwork straight.

Having said that, Lorenzo still makes a very good point about the potential for abuse, and I think that the more out of competition testing there is, the better.

Post #2   7/20/11 5:36:43PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Like I said before, I have no problem with trt as long as your levels are in normal range. Testing does need to be in place to monitor those levels tho.

Post #3   7/20/11 9:34:59PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Chips:
As far as my understanding of TRT goes, there's no way to be within the allowed limits if it was just administered. Just like any medication, your levels are always highest right after you take it. So the "random" testing would have to let some levels above the allowed limit slide if the fighter could provide documentation that they just received their treatment. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

Post #4   7/20/11 9:48:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

As far as my understanding of TRT goes, there's no way to be within the allowed limits if it was just administered. Just like any medication, your levels are always highest right after you take it. So the "random" testing would have to let some levels above the allowed limit slide if the fighter could provide documentation that they just received their treatment. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

im sure that will have to be the case

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   7/20/11 11:01:12PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
this is a great idea. Because if u do get cleared to do TRT whats to stop you from abusing it when u do not have a fight coming up. I wonder if randy has ever done this? (random thought) they need to make sure the guys using TRT r still in the normal range. just cause u have low test doesnt mean u get use steriods and get a high test level; it means you get to use the thepary to get back to normal levels

Post #6   7/21/11 8:23:49AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Kpro

im sure that will have to be the case

also i think it depends if you are using a slow or fast reactant but either way it should be noted if they just got treatment because there levels prb will be allittle high since they just got it... but I still feel shady bout TRT kinda like a loop it seems to me

Post #7   7/21/11 8:26:53AM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by Manak

this is a great idea. Because if u do get cleared to do TRT whats to stop you from abusing it when u do not have a fight coming up. I wonder if randy has ever done this? (random thought) they need to make sure the guys using TRT r still in the normal range. just cause u have low test doesnt mean u get use steriods and get a high test level; it means you get to use the thepary to get back to normal levels

He looked like a K-1 fighter against 6'8 timmy in that fight and looked like a powerhouse against the much larger Gonzaga.... just saying.

Post #8   7/21/11 8:52:51AM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
i don't think it should be a one infraction and youre done though.. i can see how the training and weight cuts would mess with levels.. honestly i think Marq would have been able to use this as an excuse (which he tried) had it not occured months before the fight

Post #9   7/22/11 5:48:56PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,503-878
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Patchedup15

i don't think it should be a one infraction and youre done though.. i can see how the training and weight cuts would mess with levels.. honestly i think Marq would have been able to use this as an excuse (which he tried) had it not occured months before the fight

Interesting in regards to weight cutting and TRT. I wonder if they would consider attempting a limit on weight cuts?
Not sure how it would happen or if it would even be a good idea at that.

Post #10   7/22/11 8:15:58PM