Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nick Diaz training camp for UFC 137 includes 30th annual Donner Lake Triathlon

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Don't be tired, homie.

Former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz, who surrendered his title in order to defect to the UFC and challenge Georges St. Pierre on Oct. 29, has already got his feet wet, literally, in getting his UFC 137 training camp off the ground.

Article

Post #1   7/20/11 5:26:23PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Is DIAZ the only fighter that participates in triathlons? I know randy used to do some back in the day but I never hear anything about anyone else doing any

Post #2   7/20/11 9:46:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Is DIAZ the only fighter that participates in triathlons? I know randy used to do some back in the day but I never hear anything about anyone else doing any

probably. i dont think the Zuffa suits want their fighters competing outside the octagon...im pretty sure its in their contracts. otherwise guys like Maia would be in BJJ tournaments and i believe it was a big part in Fedor not coming over after the fall of PRIDE (along with other factors) since he still wanted to compete in sambo tournaments

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   7/20/11 10:59:16PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by prophecy033

probably. i dont think the Zuffa suits want their fighters competing outside the octagon...im pretty sure its in their contracts. otherwise guys like Maia would be in BJJ tournaments and i believe it was a big part in Fedor not coming over after the fall of PRIDE (along with other factors) since he still wanted to compete in sambo tournaments

I can see why zuffa wouldn't want them doing that, if they lose it diminishes their value, when pulver was lw champ he fought duane ludwig and got tko outside the promotion. But a triathlon imo isn't a concern when it comes to the validity of your fighters

Post #4   7/21/11 12:06:27PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Chips:
I doubt Zuffa cares about triathalons because the majority of fighters would have absolutely no interest in doing one.

I'm not sure how many would even have the gas tank to finish one.

Diaz has to be one of the best conditioned athletes in MMA

Post #5   7/21/11 12:20:54PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:495-373
Chips:
Good for him, in addition to thinking the world is out to get him he can run-bike-swim.. i will say its a smart training tool.. when training for a marathon they say to register for smaller races in the month preceeding it. its a good motivation tool to make yourself constantly perform

Post #6   7/21/11 3:54:55PM