Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Says Issues With Lyoto Machida, Alistair Overeem Will Blow Over

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
As if Zuffa executives didn't have enough headaches with the injury bug that has wreaked havoc on cards for months, there have also been a pair of high-profile flare-ups with major Zuffa stars within the last week.

The first one came when UFC president Dana White revealed that Lyoto Machida had accepted a fight with Rashad Evans at UFC 133, but then changed his mind and demanded "Anderson SIlva-money." The second came when Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem seemingly dared the powers that be to pull him from the Heavyweight Grand Prix after he claimed they threatened him with withdrawal from it if he couldn't fight on the desired Sept. 10 date.

While the two reports gained heavy traction with fans and media over the last several days, White seemed to indicate during a Tuesday press conference that he expects both situations to be resolved. Link

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   7/19/11 6:51:03PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,356-1,302
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A level-headed moment for el presidente. It suits him.

Post #2   7/19/11 7:34:57PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:
i believe him.. he's a business man.. who albeit lets his emotions affect him occasionally. but when he says something is one way.. it usually is

Post #3   7/19/11 7:43:24PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Dana: "Things are going to work out for Machida."

As a Machida fan, I did not like the sound of that. It sounds to me - Machida will get screwed later on.

Thoughts???...

Post #4   7/19/11 7:43:56PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

As a Machida fan, I did not like the sound of that. It sounds to me - Machida will get screwed later on.

Thoughts???...

Well, divas (Machida & Uber) will be divas........

Post #5   7/19/11 8:49:42PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,232
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by KungFuMaster

Thoughts???...

Well, divas (Machida & Uber) will be divas........

well, like bill Schonley would say, "bingo, bango, bongo" (its an Oregon thing, wouldn't expect you to understand)

Post #6   7/19/11 8:58:29PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Dana always makes things personal, than gets over it. he should be more posiyive and only say good things about fighters. I think talking bad about your employees only makes your organization look bad

Last edited 7/20/11 2:24PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/20/11 1:27:37PM