Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alistair Overeem Out of Strikeforce Grand Prix, Antonio Silva to Face Daniel Cormier

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,220-1,250
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Careful Jekyll Rule 18. Do not post uncredited or unreliable rumors on our forums.

While many speculate he's juiced he's never been caught and until he does I don't think you're supposed to be making claims like that.

Post #16   7/18/11 11:33:56PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,946-1,042
Chips:
Zuffa can't cut him because its their fault he pulled out. Them delaying the 2nd half of the quarterfinals gave Bigfoot (& Sergi actually) because they had their fights so much earlier then Barnet and Overeem, and as a result Allistair doesn't think he has enough time to prepare since now they are trying to rush and finish the rest of this tourney.

Post #17   7/19/11 12:02:54AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I had Big Foot beating Overeem

Post #18   7/19/11 12:14:13AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Shocker....didn't see this coming

Post #19   7/19/11 12:41:44AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
the article made it seem like bigfoot was joking about the toe, is it broken?

i dont think he is going to the ufc, maybe he wants to keep his ranking and box, Fedors value dropped millions after the bigfoot loss, i was gonna pick bigfoot because he keeps improving, and is on a tear since werdum loss...

maybe Uber wants to take time off and keep his options open. i can see him fighting k1 or dream tho

Last edited 7/19/11 2:05AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   7/19/11 2:04:20AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,354-1,409
Chips:
he wont be fightin in dream any time soon..he's under zuffa banner now..his days in dream and k-1, mite even be done..ufc doesnt like their fighters competing outside of the cage..thats why gsp couldnt try out for the olympics or a.d.c.c..the next time u see him, he'll either be defendin the strike hw belt against the gp winner or u'll see him in the ufc against who ever is the ufc hw champ at that time..the theme for ufc lately has been ufc champ vs strikeforce champ..we'll soon see gilbert and jacare in the ufc vs the ufc champ..

Post #21   7/19/11 2:18:46AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
Nothing against Cormier, but I would much rather see Chad Griggs replace Overeem in the tourny. He is an absolute beast and regaurdless of which guy they choose to place in the slot it's going to be a step up in competition. So, they might as well go with the guy that's finishing in devistating fashion and that would be the "Grave Digger".

Post #22   7/19/11 4:43:55AM   

Skatanicus

Learning to Sprawl

Skatanicus Avatar

Career:1,775-890
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
It's definitely like Zuffa to hold a grudge. But this is strike point 5 out of three. Dana White hasn't even spilled the foam off of his beer yet, and hopefully it'll stay that way. Ultimately this should be a good thing, as although it is a problem for strikeforce, it should only increase the likelihood that Zuffa finds it necessary to eventually recruit SF's finest to the UFC. Overeem was a big piece of that tournament and was my pick as the eventual winner from the get go.

Right now Nick Diaz has a title shot... I say bring the best of Strikeforce to the main stage, and keep moving people who have questionable results in the UFC, like Nick Diaz did, to Strikeforce where they have a chance to make it back to the bigger show. Strikeforce should all be CBS or Versus too, I think they should model themselves off of Bellator and do free live events. Why not recruit some of these guys out of Dream, Shark Fights, Sengoku, etc. and essentially create a farming/returning league for the UFC.

Last edited 7/19/11 7:42AM server time by skatanicus

Post #23   7/19/11 7:41:23AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

he wont be fightin in dream any time soon..he's under zuffa banner now..his days in dream and k-1, mite even be done..ufc doesnt like their fighters competing outside of the cage..thats why gsp couldnt try out for the olympics or a.d.c.c..the next time u see him, he'll either be defendin the strike hw belt against the gp winner or u'll see him in the ufc against who ever is the ufc hw champ at that time..the theme for ufc lately has been ufc champ vs strikeforce champ..we'll soon see gilbert and jacare in the ufc vs the ufc champ..

I believe his Strikeforce contract allowed him to compete outside of Strikeforce for DREAM and K-1. Zuffa agreed to honor all current Strikeforce contracts upon purchasing the company.

Per an interview that Helwani had with Overeem, he had already informed his management to have a fight lined up for him in case he does/did get pulled from the tournament.

Last edited 7/19/11 8:31AM server time by emfleek

Post #24   7/19/11 8:31:31AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,976-1,224
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
if Dana White and or Zuffa are involved, you have to bend over and just take it...cuz they will shut you out

Post #25   7/19/11 8:44:07AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

GSP was allowed to try out for the Olympics but he decided to defend his UFC title instead

Post #26   7/19/11 11:42:40AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,354-1,409
Chips:
but isnt competing outside of the ufc against their rules or something..i think i remember readin that somewhere..or was i mistaken?

Post #27   7/19/11 11:50:26AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

but isnt competing outside of the ufc against their rules or something..i think i remember readin that somewhere..or was i mistaken?

Zuffa doesn't allow it when signing new fighters or re-upping contracts. However, Dana went on record saying all current Strikeforce contracts will be honored. I'm assuming (I don't know for sure) fighter contracts are included otherwise we would have had numerous news stories posted with contract details for fighters.

Post #28   7/19/11 11:54:40AM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Zuffa doesn't allow it when signing new fighters or re-upping contracts. However, Dana went on record saying all current Strikeforce contracts will be honored. I'm assuming (I don't know for sure) fighter contracts are included otherwise we would have had numerous news stories posted with contract details for fighters.

I do rememebr dana saying they would honor strikeforce contracts till they run out, so I assuming overeem is allowed to compete else where just as before. Just zuffa & the ufc prb dont want the strikeforce champ not fighting so little for the company as he has done in the past (has he ever defended the belt). but he did win the K1 WGP so he prb defend that one time im assuming then hopfully goes to the ufc. plus that last WGP didnt have remy or hari so i dont see a repeat for Overeem if they are there

Post #29   7/19/11 1:29:51PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Careful Jekyll Rule 18. Do not post uncredited or unreliable rumors on our forums.

While many speculate he's juiced he's never been caught and until he does I don't think you're supposed to be making claims like that.

the troll needs to be banned. simple as that

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #30   7/19/11 1:37:00PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4