Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ben Rothwell: Its Not Right How Champions Act

Print  
Posted By Message

rockyf

MMA Regular

Career:38-31
Chips:
Dont call it a comeback !

"Big" Ben Rothwell (31-7), has not been seen in the UFC cage in over a year now. His last steps inside the Octagon saw him take a hard earned decision win over tough kickboxer Gilbert Yvel. Despite the win, Rothwell left the cage with a torn ACL and a deviated septum. After surgery and a hell of alot of work, Rothwell is set to step back into action, and will square off against big hitting Mark Hunt at UFC 135. Speaking to CageWriter.com, Rothwell stated:

"I've really worked hard on myself. It's not a comeback. It's an unveiling. I have been off for more than a year, and instead of using it as a layoff I've used it as a huge building block. I posted a few pictures, and people said, 'Whoa, this guy ain't the same.' When I came back to Duke, he said, 'People who are off because of an injury usually gain 20 lbs. You look like you've lost 20 lbs.' ... A lot of these guys, especially champions, I see how they act, and it enrages me. FULL STORY

Post #1   7/18/11 10:04:39AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is an interesting article. He says he is enraged by the way that champions of the sport act. But if you follow the AddictedMMA article to the Yahoo source article, neither one have anything from Rothwell that really details what it is that enrages him, or if he is referring to a specific champ.

Either way, it's going to be good to see Big Ben back in the cage come September. Hopefully he stays healthy and has a good run

Post #2   7/18/11 10:29:22AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

This is an interesting article. He says he is enraged by the way that champions of the sport act. But if you follow the AddictedMMA article to the Yahoo source article, neither one have anything from Rothwell that really details what it is that enrages him, or if he is referring to a specific champ.

Either way, it's going to be good to see Big Ben back in the cage come September. Hopefully he stays healthy and has a good run

I was wondering who, specifically, he was enraged at. Anderson, Overeem, Cain? I'm not a big fan of how some of these fighters act. I understand you need to keep your name out there but some of these guys are jokes

Post #3   7/18/11 12:08:47PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Where did AddictedMMA come from? It's everywhere all of a sudden.

Post #4   7/18/11 1:50:15PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by pmoney

Where did AddictedMMA come from? It's everywhere all of a sudden.

Links should only go to the original article, not this guy at AddictedMMA.com re-posting and editing everything, hopefully some warnings get sent out soon to those who repeatedly keep linking to that site.

Post #5   7/18/11 8:25:30PM