Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ryan Bader: No More Calling Out Fighters

Print  
Posted By Message

rockyf

MMA Regular

Career:38-31
Chips:
It seems Ryan "Darth" Bader (12-2) is done with calling out fighters in the future. After being dominated at UFC 126 by current Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones, Bader decided to call out MMA legend Tito Ortiz. Against all odds, "The Huntington Beach Badboy" produced a stunnung upset and choked out Bader in the first round. That was a wake up call for Bader, who told ESPN.com:

"I lose three in a row, that's tough man. You see guys get cut for that. So yeah, I do feel that pressure.

FULL STORY

Post #1   7/17/11 5:12:40PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It happens. Look at Liddell. He suffered back to back losses to Jackson and Jardine, then ended up coming back and earning Fight Of The Year with Silva. Sometimes fighters find themselves in a skid, and that's when the fans see the heart of the fighter. Back to back losses or not, Bader will still be one of my top three favorite Light Heavies.

EDIT: Just read that Bader was thinking about switching gyms. If he's serious about it, I'd like to see him move over to AKA. They specialize in guys with wrestling backgrounds, and Bader could really learn a lot from guys like Fitch and Koscheck.

Last edited 7/17/11 6:28PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/17/11 6:18:41PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Bader impressed me up until the Jones fight. He lost to two champs, he can learn and get over it, because he is young and still learning. It is a competitive division, compared to others, and losing and upset is always possible. Bader should go to Jackson's camp or wherever he can evolve and get good conditioning. I think training at your own gym can make people slack off, and Tito just trained away from big bear.

Post #3   7/19/11 1:04:31AM