Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Yushin Okami Feels That He Lost First Fight With Anderson Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yushin Okami will be challenging Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title at UFC 134, and most fans know that this is a rematch of the 2006 battle at Rumble on the Rock 8 in Hawaii. Okami won the first bout by disqualification after Anderson used an illegal kick from his guard to hurt Okami, who was unable to continue. Okami spoke to Tatame about that bout, and while he has the W on his record, he doesn't feel like he won the fight:

"I won by DQ, but I felt I lost that fight," he said, responding to Anderson, who said he faked he was hurt to stop the fight. "There was a damage. There is no point to talk about past things so I don't really care of what people say about last fight. However, that experience made me stronger and as a result I was able to fight in UFC afterwards so I really thank and respect Silva. The word that he says to that I was dressed in damage last is past. I am not dressed. This time I will fight with respect and it will be a chance to show who's the best".

LINK

Post #1   7/15/11 7:28:18PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Okami is a decent fighter with surprisingly good G&P for a Japanese fighter but like the first fight silva will control the standup and when it does hit the ground, will be able to neutralize okami's attack with submission attacks off his back. For the most part I see this fight playing out on the feet and we all know who has the advantage there. I see silva finishing this off in the second with a stinging right knee from the clinch for the vicious ko and unlike the first fight silva will have his hand raised in the end

Post #2   7/15/11 9:59:38PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
In the first fight, I felt Anderson did have the upper hand in those short moments before the illegal up-kick.

Of course, none of that will matter on August 27, 2011. Winner of this fight - wins the first fight as well.

Post #3   7/16/11 12:30:21AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Okami is a decent fighter with surprisingly good G&P for a Japanese fighter but like the first fight silva will control the standup and when it does hit the ground, will be able to neutralize okami's attack with submission attacks off his back. For the most part I see this fight playing out on the feet and we all know who has the advantage there. I see silva finishing this off in the second with a stinging right knee from the clinch for the vicious ko and unlike the first fight silva will have his hand raised in the end

Except that Okami is twice the fighter he was back then. It's like apples and oranges.

Post #4   7/16/11 12:40:44AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
IMo the DQ was the proper call in the old fight...

The way it is now illegal strikes only help the one doing them... there is lasting damage from them, and regardless of any "recovery" time there is still lasting damage... Right now with the way the rules are you are better of hitting someone with a nasty illegal strike and taking a point loss because most fighters will keep going and now you have a huge advantage.

On their next fight i think okami is a better chance then most are giving gim, hes got decent standup and solid takedowns and very very strong GnP from the top

Post #5   7/16/11 4:33:36AM