Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Strikeforce signs KOTC champion Bobby Green

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Undisputed KOTC lightweight champion Bobby Green is headed to Strikeforce.

The high-energy fighter, who owns a 15-4 pro record and four victories in his past five fights, has signed a four-fight deal with Strikeforce.

Jason House of Iridium Sports Agency today confirmed the signing with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), though terms of the deal were not disclosed.

A debut date and opponent have not been determined.

Green, a three-and-a-half-year pro, has spent much of his career with KOTC, though he's also made appearances with Affliction and Tachi Palace Fights. The 24-year-old, who trains with Pinnacle Jiu jitsu and MMA in California, owns seven knockouts and six submissions in 15 career victories.

LINK

Last edited 7/14/11 2:24PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/14/11 2:11:29PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Man, Strikeforce is signing everyone today! Next they'll sign Nate Marquardt

I honestly hope that once the current Strikeforce contracts are done, they keep the organization around. I never would have said that before Zuffa bought it out... But since they have, I like the way things are going. I also like the thought of a feeder league.

It could be like baseball! You get signed by Zuffa. Some prospects go straight to the majors (UFC), and others cut their teeth in the minors (Strikeforce). I feel a lot of good things could happen if it's done that way...

Post #2   7/14/11 5:37:10PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Green vs Blanco would be a fun fight.

Little known fact, Green is the only guy to KO krazy horse

Post #3   7/15/11 3:38:21AM