Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Former Pride Grand Prix Champion Kazuo Misaki Signs with Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At one time, Kazuo Misaki was a mainstay in the top ten of the middleweight division during his time with Pride Fighting Championships.

Now the Japanese fighter is making his move to welterweight and has signed an exclusive deal to compete in the welterweight division of Strikeforce.

Sources close to Misaki confirmed the signing to MMAWeekly.com on Thursday.

LINK

Post #1   7/14/11 10:24:56AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,050-1,735
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I've always enjoyed watching Misaki but he's not going to go anywhere in Strikeforce.

Post #2   7/14/11 10:38:30AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I've always enjoyed watching Misaki but he's not going to go anywhere in Strikeforce.

They aren't incredibly crowded at the top of most weight classes in Strikeforce, and one or 2 Misaki-like fights could get him right into contention. Cyborg is hanging around the top of the WW division there right now, and Scott Smith has gotten a few big fights there so I think if guys cut from the same mold(albeit with more power) have done it why can't he? To be fair, I don't see him becoming the champ there either, but I think the guy gets some big fights, or at least as big as SF can offer.

Post #3   7/14/11 11:05:09AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,146-1,245
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I think misaki will do ok, maybe not win the title but he'll make things interesting. Non the less, strikeforce continues to sign good fighters

Last edited 7/14/11 11:30AM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   7/14/11 11:28:44AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Strikeforce Middleweights:
Jacare, Kennedy, Lawler, Le(But not really), Manhoef... Lindland.... Babalu(?)... Luke Rockhold.... uh and i think thats it.

Misaki is still better than most people on his feet. But his wrestling has always been his weakness. I think he is a good addition to the Division. I'd give him a good chance against Lawler. The BJJ masters though in that division all have pretty good takedowns. He won't do too well against a Babalu or Jacare, but luckily for him those are fights he'd have to earn by beating other guys with styles he has a decent shot against.

Post #5   7/14/11 12:32:22PM