Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hendo Wants A Shot At UFC Champ LIddell

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
“I would love to fight Chuck Liddell,” Pride Middleweight and Welterweight Champion Dan Henderson recently told me recently. “That is the fight that would pay me the most and do the most for my career.”

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   5/5/07 9:29:35AM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
I think Hendo could pull it off.

Post #2   5/5/07 11:44:44AM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by hcazlekker

I agree, Dan has a good chance at beating Liddell. But Liddell just needs to land one punch in the right spot.

Then again, that is all Silva had to do in their fight ...

It would be a damn good fight, anyways.

Last edited 5/5/07 12:54PM server time by hook_tothe_body
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/5/07 12:53:27PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Im not sure Dan could pull this off. He is getting more credit than he deserves atm, he beat Wanderlei on an off day and suddenly everyone thinks he is some kind of demon 205 pounder that can smash anyone. I just dont see the connection.

Post #4   5/5/07 3:03:37PM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Im not sure Dan could pull this off. He is getting more credit than he deserves atm, he beat Wanderlei on an off day and suddenly everyone thinks he is some kind of demon 205 pounder that can smash anyone. I just dont see the connection.

Hendo being hyped? Since when? Haha, Hendo is one of the most underrated fighters.

Post #5   5/5/07 4:37:03PM   

LoSt

Learning to Sprawl

LoSt Avatar

Career:348-186
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by hook_tothe_body

Posted by hcazlekker

I agree, Dan has a good chance at beating Liddell. But Liddell just needs to land one punch in the right spot.

Then again, that is all Silva had to do in their fight ...

It would be a damn good fight, anyways.

Gotta disagree with you their bro, dan is by FAR one of the most underrated fighters in the sport right now, who has he lost to? a split decision to arona, d decision to wanderlei, a 1-1 split against misaki and a 1-2 split against the nogueria brothers (he split with big nog and lost to rogerio) and has beaten notables like Murilo Bustamante, Carlos Newton, Gilbert Yvel, Renato Sobral, Renzo Gracie, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Yuki Kondo, Vitor Belfort (well not so notable anymore) and most recently Wanderlei Silva.

This would be an interesting matchup because p4p I think hendos one of the best in the buisness, he'd be a LOT smaller then chuck but he was dwarfed by wanderlei also. but chuck is a better striker then wanderlei

Post #6   5/5/07 5:13:43PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
I think if Chuck beat's him it would have to be in the earlier rounds, if he couldn't get the knock out in round one or two I think Chuck would tire out a bit and Dan would get the KO.....

If it happens, I would have to go with Dan by KO in round 4

Post #7   5/5/07 5:58:44PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Dan personifies underrated at this point... Hes tops on my list, anyways.

Post #8   5/5/07 7:49:52PM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:881-609
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
dan would take chuck easily I think best scenario would be for hendo to take on winner of chuck/rampage as his first title defense.

Post #9   5/5/07 8:19:57PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by greshamfighter

dan would take chuck easily I think best scenario would be for hendo to take on winner of chuck/rampage as his first title defense.

Dan would take Chuck easily???????????? Please see me when this fight happens.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #10   5/5/07 9:07:03PM   

methodman_90

MMA Regular

methodman_90 Avatar

Career:84-41
Camp: The One' Hitta' Quitta's
Chips:
I would much rather see Shogun take on the winner of Liddell/Jackson and have Hendo concentrate more on MW and fight guys like A.Silva and Franklin

Post #11   5/7/07 1:56:11PM