Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Carlos Condit Exclusive: I Want To Avenge Jake Shields Loss From Rumble On The Rock.

Print  
Posted By Message

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
UFC 132 competitor and top welterweight Carlos Condit tells MMA Nation on 106.7 The Fan in Washington, DC that while a title shot may be the prize he covets the most, a rematch to avenge his 2006 loss to Jake Shields is also a top priority.

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/7/9/2267753/carlos-condit-interview-jake-shields-loss-ufc-mma-news

Post #1   7/10/11 11:41:20PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
Carlos I reckon would be able to defeat Jake at this point im his career he has never looked better. I think he could neutralise Jakes ground attacks cause Carlos has evolved immensley with his ground game since his last loss to Jake in 2006. And standing is where Carlos is most dangerous and if Jake can't get Carlos down I think he will get knocked out. Hope sometime in the future this fight happens cause it has the makings of a classic encounter.

Post #2   7/10/11 11:51:14PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Shields is starting to grow on me. I never gave him much attention when he was in Strike Force because I thought he was over-rated to begin with..

He won me over with his fight against Dan Henderson and his admirable fight with GSP. Jake does not have power. He does not have speed. He is simply a tactician - very much like Randy Couture and I can only hope he has a successful career like him as well.

Post #3   7/11/11 12:35:50AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
the key to this fight is Condit's TDD. Shields is a great wrestler and will more times than not take you down in the clinch. also to keep in mind, Rory Macdonald was able to take Condit down last year...and was dominating the first 2 rounds.

standing, Condit is the clear favourite. on the ground, Shields is the clear favourite.

right now i am leaning towards Shields, but that can change very easily

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   7/11/11 12:19:49PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

... Hope sometime in the future this fight happens cause it has the makings of a classic encounter.

Agree, this fight could be a fight of the year candidate when all is said and done. Carlos could win this fight even if it goes to the ground. Jake is a better jiu-jitsu player but if condit can figure out how to get off his back it could be a tough night for shields. To me, jakes standup is real stiff and rigid. Fluidity is nowhere to be seen. But as soon as it hits the canvas its a whole different story. But all in all, I feel condit is better at shields game then shields is to condits

Post #5   7/11/11 9:28:55PM