Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Refferee's DANGEROUS mistake in Kim Couture fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Here's another recent one that's just as bad...but in Turkey.

Post #16   7/11/11 11:46:12AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
its usually in the smaller promotions where the refs are horrendous. as soon as her left leg went limp, i nearly shouted at my laptop for the ref to stop in...then seeing her eyes/face may give me nightmares tonight.

this ref is a disgrace to mankind. it is possible for Couture to file a lawsuit of some kind for negligence or something along those lines?

on the plus side, Kim has a nice bum lol

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   7/11/11 12:06:10PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

wow. seriously wtf? he tapped like normal, then he tapped frantically. how the hell dont you see that? yeah i know the ref was watching the guys face, but are his peripherals that bad he cant see the arm moving?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   7/11/11 12:08:36PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
That's absolutely ridiculous... I'd have more trust in Helen Keller reffing my fight than this clown.

Post #19   7/11/11 1:06:37PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,960-1,164
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Was this a$$ clown checking his Facebook page or something? She wad clearly out well before the stopped it. It makes me sick to know we still don't have adequate refs

Post #20   7/11/11 1:35:53PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
This ref should get a lifetime ban, he could have cost kim her life with a choke on that long. but I also think you have to put some blame on the fighter ( I am in now way defending the ref just looking at this from another angle) she has the choke hold sunk in so good that she had to feel the fighter go limp. I understand u keep going till the ref stops it but after u feel her go limp and a couple seconds go by u know she is out and is not getting up quick. I know this happened in the Mac/Wilman fight and it was a bit shady but that was a wilman getting the ref involed. I give the ref 99.9% balme and the other fighter .01%. also Kim should have tapped, if a hold is in that good n u feel ur lights going out then tap. no shame in getting caught. I know there is pride involved but come on sometimes u know ur boned. once again I am just trying to point out other points and i no way defending the ref. also Ref camps need to be held. The UFC needs to step up and start this. yes the smaller leagues will miss upo from time to time but UFC is face of MMA. They have a monopoly on MMA so they get burden and just like the NFL, NBA, MLB have to do with their sports.

Post #21   7/11/11 2:08:58PM   

titlefight

Learning to Sprawl

titlefight Avatar

Career:1,414-832
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Not to defend this guy, but........... It was a very odd submission, one that you normally don't see a tapout from, Also only one of Kim's legs "goes limp" while the other stays upright. Her eyes are wide open.

So as a ref you have a fighter being held down by a leg cissor, her eyes are open she seems awake, she is waiting out the move, waiting to transition, she adjusts (one leg down)................

It was for sure bad reffing and very dangerous, but not as bad as some are making it out to be, imo.

If it wasn't such an "odd" sub then i could get more on the this guys shouldn't ref every again bandwagon.

Post #22   7/11/11 3:30:20PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Manak

also Kim should have tapped, if a hold is in that good n u feel ur lights going out then tap. no shame in getting caught. I know there is pride involved but come on sometimes u know ur boned.

A choke like that goes on quick. The legs are way more powerful than the arms. She probably had no time to tap. That might be a 3 sec choke. Meaning it only takes a few seconds of application to go to sleep. Who's not going to the urge to tap for at least a few seconds?

Not to defend this guy, but........... It was a very odd submission, one that you normally don't see a tapout from, Also only one of Kim's legs "goes limp" while the other stays upright. Her eyes are wide open. So as a ref you have a fighter being held down by a leg cissor, her eyes are open she seems awake, she is waiting out the move, waiting to transition, she adjusts (one leg down)................ It was for sure bad reffing and very dangerous, but not as bad as some are making it out to be, imo. If it wasn't such an "odd" sub then i could get more on the this guys shouldn't ref every again bandwagon.

You are absolutely "defending this guy".

The fact that it was an "odd" (I would say rare) submission, is not an excuse. The whole point is that he should know even the "odd" submissions. Maybe some casual fans wouldn't recognize the choke. That doesn't mean AN OFFICIAL OF THE SPORT, who's job it is to make life altering calls, CAN REASONABLY BE EXCUSED FOR NOT KNOWING THE CHOKE!! IT IS HIS JOB TO KNOW!!!

You got me a little fired up.

Post #23   7/11/11 4:02:16PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

that one is also pretty awful.

Post #24   7/11/11 4:04:30PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by titlefight

Not to defend this guy, but........... It was a very odd submission, one that you normally don't see a tapout from, Also only one of Kim's legs "goes limp" while the other stays upright. Her eyes are wide open.

So as a ref you have a fighter being held down by a leg cissor, her eyes are open she seems awake, she is waiting out the move, waiting to transition, she adjusts (one leg down)................

It was for sure bad reffing and very dangerous, but not as bad as some are making it out to be, imo.

If it wasn't such an "odd" sub then i could get more on the this guys shouldn't ref every again bandwagon.

Man, i really, really disagree with this...

Her one leg goes completely limp because her other one is in an awkward position that went with the flow of the choke, It's clear as day that she was out... not only that, but look at her arms. If you're a ref it is not your job to admire a unique choke, it's to pay attention to the fighter thats in it.

So yeah, it was terribly Dangerous and the guy shouldn't ref again.

Post #25   7/11/11 5:41:55PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

MMA Referee training camps - there's a need...someone fill it...you could make money!

The sport has been maturing for a while now..you'd think that there would be a decent amount of "retired" and "semi-retired/older" fighters that would be available to referee. I know that's no guarantee that they'd be a good ref, but i would think all former fighters are at least starting with more knowledge than refs like this...

Either the John McCarthy or Herb Dean referees training school would work. Herb and John are the best referees ever so who better to teach than them.

Post #26   7/11/11 10:23:38PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Im kinda surprised no one attacked that ref.

Post #27   7/12/11 1:53:07AM   

cagerage920

Learning to Sprawl

cagerage920 Avatar

Career:153-98
Camp: fight4life
Chips:
the refs are getting just as bad as the judges

Post #28   7/12/11 1:14:24PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

Posted by TeamDEY

I really don't understand woman's MMA, I honestly hate it. I think its disgusting and ridiculous, I don't understand why people like to watch it. Oh well just my opinion.

That's kinda sexist bro. Why shouldn't women have the opportunity to compete in the sport. It's the same with the WNBA or any other sport to do with women the only exception being mma is more gladiator like and is perceived by the housewives of the world that women shouldn't compete in the sport. Why the hell not if they have the ability and are able to compete at a high level then why not. Besides who doesn't like to see two chicks beating eachother up. A fight is a fight and at times wome outshine the men of this sport. If the sport was only male and females were unable to compete then the sport would grow less in terms of the future of mma and it could make the sport seem like it is just male orientated which isn't a good thing.

He didn't say woman shouldn't have the right to fight he said he doesn't like to watch it and doesn't understand why anyone else would want to. It's ok for him to have that opinion. You explaining why you like to watch it would make more sense as a reply IMO....but again, that's just my opinion.

Post #29   7/12/11 1:53:00PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:495-373
Chips:
anyone know if the ref has since been interviewed??

Post #30   7/12/11 7:03:20PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2