Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Melvin Guillard Says He’s the Best at 155 Even Without a Belt, Calls for Fight with Joe Lauzon

Print  
Who takes it?
Melvin Guillard 38 86%
Joe Lauzon 6 14%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
I say have him fight bendo, someone who has decent striking as well as a good ground game, good enough to be on the bubble of top 5, right where melvin is......climb the corporate ladder lad

Post #16   7/10/11 5:25:17PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Guillard vs Siver rematch

winner faces winner of Miller/bendo (which I think will be Bendo)

the winner of that fight takes on Edgar/Maynard

Post #17   7/10/11 6:19:50PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
i call for anthony njokuani or edson barbosa

Post #18   7/10/11 6:23:08PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Melvin is calling everyone out!!
I do think he fights in houston. And against sam stout I am saying it now

Post #19   7/10/11 7:51:33PM   

NE-1

MMA Regular

NE-1 Avatar

Career:1,332-913
Camp: GSPeed on your face
Chips:
eh, Im still not sold on Guillard. He's got dynamite hands and all but IMO everyone is getting hyped because he KO'd shane roller. Roller was getting picked apart by Thiago Tavares before landing a huge bomb.

I'd love to see him fight Edson Barboza or Anthony Njokuani. It doesn't make much sense as far as rankings go, but I think those would be some great fights to watch.

Post #20   7/10/11 8:25:18PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Guillard vs Siver rematch

winner faces winner of Miller/bendo (which I think will be Bendo)

the winner of that fight takes on Edgar/Maynard

No way should Clay Guida get passed by Guillard and Siver after beating the guy who was next in line for the title shot.

Maybe Guida/Siver is being made; that would explain Guillard calling out someone outside the top 5.

Last edited 7/10/11 9:05PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/10/11 9:01:46PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Guida and guillard wont fight eachother unless its for a title...so somebody has to be left out. Considering vs anybody for the title is a money fight, I say feed him competition he can easily win against until the winner of the mini-tournament gets their shot...at that point you got Guida next in line with alot more wins to his record too.

You don't want to potentially knock Guida out of contention. Considering his track record in big name fights its a wonder he hasn't been knocked out of contention yet...keep him there, don't risk sacrificing him to anybody...its just not worth it.

Plus more wins, and a long wait time just adds to the marketebility of a Guida title fight.

So Benson vs Miller

Guillard vs Siver

Guida vs can

winner vs winner

Guida vs can

winner vs Edgar/Maynard

Guida vs can

Guida on a 7 fight win streak vs current champion

Post #22   7/10/11 10:34:33PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Guida and guillard wont fight eachother unless its for a title...so somebody has to be left out. Considering vs anybody for the title is a money fight, I say feed him competition he can easily win against until the winner of the mini-tournament gets their shot...at that point you got Guida next in line with alot more wins to his record too.

You don't want to potentially knock Guida out of contention. Considering his track record in big name fights its a wonder he hasn't been knocked out of contention yet...keep him there, don't risk sacrificing him to anybody...its just not worth it.

Plus more wins, and a long wait time just adds to the marketebility of a Guida title fight.

So Benson vs Miller

Guillard vs Siver

Guida vs can

winner vs winner

Guida vs can

winner vs Edgar/Maynard

Guida vs can

Guida on a 7 fight win streak vs current champion

Guida just beat the #1 contender after subbing Gomi. We know it's been said they won't fight each other, but how would Guillard get a winner vs. winner matchup for the title and Guida after beating the #1 contender have to beat 3 "cans" to get a shot? They're both on 4 fight winning streaks so saying it's to get Guida a longer winning streak holds no ground also. Why do you feel Guillard deserves a spot in a mini-tourney over Guida? And why would Guida face 3 "cans' after Gomi and Pettis? It just all makes no sense. I'm guessing you're either a big Guillard fan or you dislike Guida.

Post #23   7/10/11 11:02:44PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
Melvin hasnt beat anyone signifigant... his best 2 wins are against stephens and Tibau and Tibau really won the fight...

i dont like melvin , but hes exciting... He is looking really good as of late - FAST , athhletic and strong, but he did not look so good against DIAZ
Its the level of competition.....
learn to be humble- Keep winning but progress.... stop taking so many steps back in competion

Post #24   7/10/11 11:40:27PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Very few people can handle Guillard's steamroller striking- and Joe Lauzon's definitely not one of them.

Post #25   7/11/11 12:50:19AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

Posted by NE-1

eh, Im still not sold on Guillard. He's got dynamite hands and all but IMO everyone is getting hyped because he KO'd shane roller. Roller was getting picked apart by Thiago Tavares before landing a huge bomb.

I'd love to see him fight Edson Barboza or Anthony Njokuani. It doesn't make much sense as far as rankings go, but I think those would be some great fights to watch.

he's getting hyped because he has been a TOTALLY different fighter since he joined Jackson, his attitude has got alot better aswell, he now has the potential to be a great fighter. instead of calling guys pu**ies for taking it to the ground he learned takedown defence, and got real good at it, if he keeps drilling BJJ and wrestling he will be a very dangerous fighter, not that he isnt now.

Post #26   7/11/11 2:15:12PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2