Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Tito Ortiz did what Jon Jones couldn't do against Ryan Bader ... and he didn't even want to fight him

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"Yeah, this is the greatest time of my life right now. I look at the fact that I beat Ryan Bader, who was fifth in the world, top five in the world in all of MMA, at all levels, and I proved that I could still dominate. People had a lot of questions to see if I could still compete with a lot of people in the Light Heavyweight Division at this level.... I woke up that morning with a lot of doubt. Thinking that I didn't want to do it anymore. And I really didn't. I was like 'I don't want to fight' cause I didn't want to fight. But then the braveness came out of my heart and if you want your career, if you want to fight for everything you believe in, you gotta fight today. You gotta talk to yourself like that. You gotta ask those questions. And once those questions are answered, you'll start believing in yourself like I did.... I did what Jon "Bones" Jones couldn't do and that was finish Bader in a minute and fifty-six seconds.... I've gone through some serious stuff, you know? Surgically, physically, personally. So many things I've gone through. I've shown everyone that if you have goals in your life, you can achieve those things. Look back on your life and you're gonna go out. These are challenges in my life. Fight career. This is the biggest fight of my life. Anything that matters in your life you can achieve and that's what matters. I'm so so thankful."

LINK

Tito is delusional....

Post #1   7/6/11 8:53:26PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:
"I did what Jon "Bones" Jones couldn't do and that was finish Bader in a minute and fifty-six seconds.."

Yeah, and Jones went on to dominate the champion just a few weeks later.. which is more impressive then you beating the guy he already dominated in a shorter amount of time. Tito seems to be forgetting that not long ago Hamill handed him an ass kicking, and Hamill couldn't even touch Jones in their fight.

Post #2   7/6/11 9:06:48PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
The thing that I thought was crazy is him calling Bader a top 5 fighter in all of mma...

Post #3   7/6/11 9:12:39PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

The thing that I thought was crazy is him calling Bader a top 5 fighter in all of mma...

I ran through the article and didn't catch that. Your right.. But that's always been Tito. Every fighter he's ever faced is the greatest of all time.

Post #4   7/6/11 9:18:00PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

I ran through the article and didn't catch that. Your right.. But that's always been Tito. Every fighter he's ever faced is the greatest of all time.

That's true. I'm just really sore about that fight. I thought for sure we were done with Tito.

Post #5   7/6/11 9:27:53PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

That's true. I'm just really sore about that fight. I thought for sure we were done with Tito.

Remind me later to prop you. Gotta spread the love for now. Hopefully they grant him his wish to fight the winner of Shogun/Griffin and they beat him bad enough that he's given his walking papers.

Post #6   7/6/11 9:57:34PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Remind me later to prop you. Gotta spread the love for now. Hopefully they grant him his wish to fight the winner of Shogun/Griffin and they beat him bad enough that he's given his walking papers.

]

I'm actually afraid that Tito might beat Shogun. This Bader win just completely threw me off. If you asked me a month ago if Tito would beat Shogun I'd actually laugh. Now I'm afraid he'd double leg him and elbow his face in. Tito might have confidence in his hands now though and that would spell utter disaster for him against Shogun.

Post #7   7/6/11 11:33:09PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Didn't Ortiz say during his post-fight press conference that rankings don't mean sh!t? It would seem to me that they do when it comes to blowing his own horn.

Post #8   7/7/11 8:24:49AM