Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua Talks Wanderlei Silva Loss, Challenge From Tito Ortiz

Print  
Who Wins?
Shogun Rua 28 88%
Tito Ortiz 4 13%
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua spoke with Tatame yesterday about his friend Wanderlei Silva's loss to Chris Leben at UFC 132, and also responded to Tito Ortiz. Silva was knocked out in 27 seconds by Leben, which obviously bothered his training partner at Kings MMA. Here's what he had to say in regards to Silva:

"I haven’t seen Wanderlei, I’m in San Diego and he’s in Las Vegas, but I was sad about the defeat", said Shogun, on a chat with TATAME. "It’s really sad to see Wanderlei getting knocked out like that, but what can we do, it happens with who is up there".

"Wanderlei was doing fine, motivated, thrilled, he wanted to fight really badly… We trained together before the fight and he was glad."

LINK

Post #1   7/6/11 8:49:06PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,433-837
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I see nobody is eager to jump on the Tito Ortiz bandwagon, even with Shogun's injuries becoming a career changer.

Post #2   7/6/11 11:34:17PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
I'll tell you what, I think that if some of this more well known guys like Shogun, Ortiz, Rampage and even Cro-cop fight as if they are at the bottom, they'll win a lot more, these guys have more experience, and were dynamic as younger guys. Along with their age came conservation, with it, they may get ko'd every once in a while, but more often that not they will beat some of the newer guys I think. It isn't like the newer guys know things that the veterans don't.

Sorry and about this post, I just don't see ortiz taking shogun down enough and on the feet, ortiz's best chance is a flash K.O>

Last edited 7/7/11 1:41AM server time by jgtribbett
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/7/11 1:39:49AM   

cagerage920

Learning to Sprawl

cagerage920 Avatar

Career:153-98
Camp: fight4life
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I see nobody is eager to jump on the Tito Ortiz bandwagon, even with Shogun's injuries becoming a career changer.

one win in 5 years isnt enough to get fans. And tito has had some career changing surgeries too

Post #4   7/7/11 4:09:20PM