Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Middleweights Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann targeted for UFC 136 in Houston

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
Chael is a politician, he won't say too much. He'll probably talk about how the stand up fighitng will be interesting, point out Stann's strong points and say that he'll win by using his own. I see a lot of publicity from this, it should be easy considering how much hype already surrounds both fighters. I bet Stann comes in with a solid game plan, can't stop the TDs but has something for Chael on the ground. Overall I see a win for Sonnen.

In addition Sonnen's most recent Tweet was

"I asked Brazil for a fight and Machida answered. I asked for a REAL fight and a Marine answered. I see you hiding Lyoto, and I wont forget this."

Funny guy.

Last edited 7/7/11 1:33AM server time by jgtribbett
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   7/7/11 1:29:47AM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,368-906
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
I don't believe there will be a lot, if any, trash talk from Sonnen. While talking smack about Brazil may get a few laughs, mocking an United States veteran has disaster written all over it. That being said, I think Stann struggles to stop the takedowns of Sonnen and unfortunately losses a boring UD.

Post #17   7/7/11 8:09:02AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,022-1,244
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
ive wanted to see this since their 2 bouts in the WEC...both have come a looooooooooong way since then

Post #18   7/7/11 9:08:10AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by jgtribbett

Chael is a politician, he won't say too much. He'll probably talk about how the stand up fighitng will be interesting, point out Stann's strong points and say that he'll win by using his own. I see a lot of publicity from this, it should be easy considering how much hype already surrounds both fighters. I bet Stann comes in with a solid game plan, can't stop the TDs but has something for Chael on the ground. Overall I see a win for Sonnen.

"I asked Brazil for a fight and Machida answered. I asked for a REAL fight and a Marine answered. I see you hiding Lyoto, and I wont forget this."

Funny guy.

did someone forget to tell Sonnen hes lost to every Brazilian hes ever fought...

Post #19   7/7/11 9:16:43AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I like the Good Guy vs. Bad Guy thing they have going here.
Captain America vs. the Big Evil Fraud
Go Stann!

Post #20   7/7/11 10:49:38AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by jgtribbett

Funny guy.

did someone forget to tell Sonnen hes lost to every Brazilian hes ever fought...

He beat Paulo Filho in '08

Post #21   7/7/11 10:49:57AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Chael did hit Silva with a lot of punches, but he lost and acted like he didnt tap, than got busted and talks trash about everyone including people who dont fight like Lance Armstrong. I hope Stann Knocks him out, and if not than Anderson will knock him out.

I would like Anderson to be tested or ko'd perhaps, but Chael is not the guy to do it, eventhough he dropped him twice, Stann has a much better chance of giving a stand up fight and a ko, whereas Chael will always take it the ground even if he is winning on the feet, and Chael never finishes on the ground

Last edited 7/7/11 6:51PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #22   7/7/11 12:44:28PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by jgtribbett

Funny guy.

He beat Paulo Filho in '08

...but lost to him as well. Jekyll's statement is still accurate.

Post #23   7/7/11 12:45:37PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jgtribbett

Funny guy.

hahaha awesome

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   7/7/11 1:48:38PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

im glad Chael and Lyoto arent fighting yet.

I dont want 2 top contenders fighting, unless they are from the same division, or have entered the twilight of there career, and are just trying to entertain the fans, like Randy vs Coleman.

besides Chael lost to Babulu at lhw, and without the enhancing, imo- he hasnt gotten better in my opinion at sub defense.

Chael will not be as fast or explosive in my opinion, hitting Silva was a fluke, if Silva was on the testie juice also, it wouldnt have been a contest imo.

Chael vs Stann is the best fight they could have come up with. hopefully Stann has better tdd, than he did against Phil Davis. I want Chael to get knocked out, because its not fair he gets to talk trash, cheat, but if Anderson did the same thing, everyone would freak out. It seems like no one is willing to admit Chaels sucess was increased by his extra therapy.

the difference is Chael is very active in the media. he hypes fights better than a UFC Countdown, did to Anderson what no one has done before, and whether you hate him or love him you tune in to watch his fights. with Silva, he doesnt converse with the media (everything is through Sore Ass), he dances in the octagon almost as often as he fights, and there is a large group of people who want to see him fall (like I).

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #25   7/7/11 1:57:56PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised is Stann won by stuffing takedowns and knocking him out. He has great wrestlers like Rashad & Jon Jones in his camp so in the next few months if he can improve in that area Chael is in trouble.

But for the meantime the most logical prediction is most likely Chael by decision as always.

Post #26   7/7/11 2:32:44PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:514-380
Chips:

Posted by tallica62

ive wanted to see this since their 2 bouts in the WEC...both have come a looooooooooong way since then

What two bouts?? so far as i know they never fought each other under any promotion

Post #27   7/7/11 6:51:40PM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,477-867
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I so want sonnen to win because i am desperate for him to fight Silva again and this time Silva will KO him in round 1 and then all the sonnen nut huggers can't keep bleating on about how he beat Silva for 23 minutes. The guy is 4 and 4 in the UFC hardly the record of a world beater.

The reason i say this is because even if Stann KO him in round 1 the sonnen lovers would still say yeah but he beat silva up for 23 Mins (SO WHAT HE LOST)

Post #28   7/8/11 6:02:27AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #29   7/8/11 8:47:23AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I like this fight. It should be a pretty interesting one just due to the fact that Stann's wrestling has come a long way since his fight with Phil Davis, not that anyone stands a chance against Phil's wrestling though. Either way, I think that Stann will make it interesting on the feet, but Chael's take downs are ridiculous and he should take this by decision.

Post #30   7/8/11 9:25:59AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2