Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Give Jose Aldo his 2nd Belt Zuffa!

Print  
Who do you want Cruz to fight next?
Aldo 6 23%
Faber part 3 2 8%
Bowles part 2 6 23%
Mighty Mouse 11 42%
Other Contender 1 4%
Posted By Message

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
i like cruz but i think aldo having two belts would be much more intriguing than any more matches at BW for cruz, he's taken out most all of the top bantamweights, benavidez, bowles and to me they werent as competitive as the faber fight, a fight with mighty mouse could be good but other than that i think a super fight needs to happen between aldo and cruz

i think zuffa should give a champion the chance to own two belts again since gsp doesnt wanna fight anderson for the MW or WW belt, i believe aldo could hold both belts for a very long time

Post #1   7/5/11 8:24:30PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,051-1,734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

i like cruz but i think aldo having two belts would be much more intriguing than any more matches at BW for cruz, he's taken out most all of the top bantamweights, benavidez, bowles and to me they werent as competitive as the faber fight, a fight with mighty mouse could be good but other than that i think a super fight needs to happen between aldo and cruz

i think zuffa should give a champion the chance to own two belts again since gsp doesnt wanna fight anderson for the MW or WW belt, i believe aldo could hold both belts for a very long time

Can he fight at 135? Is he willing to?

Post #2   7/5/11 8:57:01PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Cooler

I cant remember where but Ive heard he was willing to fight as low as 135 and as high as 170. And Dominick wanted to fight Aldo in a recent interview too.

Post #3   7/5/11 9:07:08PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,051-1,734
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Cooler

I cant remember where but Ive heard he was willing to fight as low as 135 and as high as 170. And Dominick wanted to fight Aldo in a recent interview too.

I know Cruz wants to fight him. I thought he was talking about him going to 145 though. I didn't really realize how cleared out the division is until after the Faber win. DJ or Aldo are both good options in my mind right now.

Post #4   7/5/11 9:17:48PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
He struggled with his last cut to 145, so definitely not gonna happen!

Post #5   7/5/11 10:29:06PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,663-1,374
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If one pound allowances were allowed on title fights they could both defend their belts against each other at 136

Post #6   7/5/11 10:47:51PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
He'd get WRECKED. You see how Faber dropped him, if Aldo lands it's nighty night. Time for bed, early bed time. Aldo's such a sick lethal striker, he'd pick that boy apart trying to move around.

I'd love to see it though, but Aldo has more contenders to face, but it's a good ideao since it would draw huge interest in the lower weight division doing it right now since they both have several title defenses, let the next in line keep building their name and fight on the undercard to promote the fights.

It'd be a brilliant idea, please o please UFC!

Post #7   7/5/11 11:12:28PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

He struggled with his last cut to 145, so definitely not gonna happen!

Yeah because he was injured though. Im gonna go look for the interview where he said he'd fight at BW.

Post #8   7/6/11 12:00:06AM   

HonestlyIDontCareLol

Learning to Sprawl

Career:6-5
Chips:
I'm an Aldo and Cruz fan. But I honestly believe Jose Aldo would destroy Dominick Cruz. Aldo's muay thai is just too good for Cruz to handle in my opinion. It would definitely be a good fight, but I'm sure Aldo would win via TKO or KO..

Post #9   7/6/11 5:12:28AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:633-416
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I wouldn't be to quick to count Cruz out his movement is excellent he has great wrestling and his gas tank (endurance) lasts for days. These are all questions Aldo will have to face can he outwork Cruz standing, can his conditioning (which was questionable in his last fight) last with a guy like Cruz and how will he manage with Cruz's speed and wrestling game. Cruz also faces a heck of a challenge with Aldo's tremendous stand up, speed, ground game and overall non stop offence. I don't think it will be a one sided affair and it will be a very back and fourth scrap. It's hard to pick a winner in this type of a coinflip matchup but i'd give Aldo the edge in this one if the fight did happen that is.

Post #10   7/6/11 5:41:59AM