Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dodging punches/kicks

Print  
Posted By Message

HonestlyIDontCareLol

Learning to Sprawl

Career:6-5
Chips:
Alright so I've been watching a lot of boxing videos lately and have been taking a lot of interest towards Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather. Specifically their ability to dodge and slip punches so easily and gracefully. I've also been watching Anderson Silva and his ability to slip punches/kicks easily. I was wondering, what are some drills or techniques I could practice or something that could help me do that? I mean, yeah head movement and foot work help with slipping punches, but there's gotta be a lot more to it than that to be able to dodge like Roy Jones Jr or Floyd Mayweather. Is it just natural coordination and ability to see it all coming or what? I'd really like to know some stuff I could work on to be able to slip hits like that.

Post #1   7/5/11 7:21:16PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
You have to drill footwork and headmovement every day, many hours, for the entirety of your life.

Try a slip bag.

Post #2   7/12/11 6:12:29AM   

Bac

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by HonestlyIDontCareLol

Alright so I've been watching a lot of boxing videos lately and have been taking a lot of interest towards Roy Jones Jr. and Floyd Mayweather. Specifically their ability to dodge and slip punches so easily and gracefully. I've also been watching Anderson Silva and his ability to slip punches/kicks easily. I was wondering, what are some drills or techniques I could practice or something that could help me do that? I mean, yeah head movement and foot work help with slipping punches, but there's gotta be a lot more to it than that to be able to dodge like Roy Jones Jr or Floyd Mayweather. Is it just natural coordination and ability to see it all coming or what? I'd really like to know some stuff I could work on to be able to slip hits like that.

For Roy Jones and Floyd, it's easier for them to dodge punches since they are mainly concentrating about PUNCHES while Anderson Silva's, He is very impressive since he has to worry about almost everything, from punches to kicks to takedowns. I think the best way to train is to alternate between rounds say round 1,3,5 you may not allowed to throw punches just avoid and duck it. while rounds 2 and 4, do your thing.

Post #3   10/5/11 11:05:08PM