Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dominick Cruz willing to move up to featherweight to fight Jose Aldo (Video)

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,456-896
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

So lets just hope it happens so we can AV bet

I may just take that bet. I should probably get to work on finding an AV that's actually worth a crap to add intrigue.

Post #31   7/5/11 1:18:54AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,849-1,024
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Why people seem to be coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden and saying that wrestlers will handle Aldo soundly is still beyond me. I mean Aldo has destroyed three very solid wrestlers at 145 already in Brookins, Faber and Brown. Why I'm surprised when we MMA fans are fickle after one bad performance given the laundry list of examples of it that can be found online, I don't know.

Silva has one bad performance against Sonnen, steroid allegations, and broken rib aside, and a lot of us are jumping on the wrestlers destroy Silva bandwagon.

Jones beats Shogun and we have people calling him the best fighter in the world, if not behind only GSP, and he hasn't even defended his belt yet in a division where the belt has went through more hands in the past 2 or 3 years than any other belt in any other division in the UFC, except maybe the HW belt.

Fedor lost to Werdum and people started saying that he had been overrated the entire time and was barely top ten.

Don't take this to mean I'm tearing down your post or anything, it just kinda amazes me how much 1 bad performance changes everyone's opinion of a fighter's talent level.

Post #32   7/5/11 1:45:47AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
He'd get WRECKED. You see how Faber dropped him, if Aldo lands it's nighty night. Time for bed, early bed time. Aldo's such a sick lethal striker, he'd pick that boy apart trying to move around.

I'd love to see it though, but Aldo has more contenders to face, but it's a good ideao since it would draw huge interest in the lower weight division doing it right now since they both have several title defenses, let the next in line keep building their name and fight on the undercard to promote the fights.

It'd be a brilliant idea, please o please UFC!

Post #33   7/5/11 1:48:48AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

UFC_Fanatic- Edgar would wrestle his way to a 50-45 decision. He keeps it standing all the time because he is fighting guys who are bigger, and have far better ( or boring....maynard) ground game, if Hominick worked him with ease for a round with his "wrestling?"......, Frankie would tool him.

also , I agree something will surface from the Florian camp any minute now.

He was also exhausted in round 5. I don't think he lacks the skills to stop takedowns from elite wrestlers, as we've seen quite a few times.

Post #34   7/5/11 2:03:16PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,765-1,542
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by Bubbles

Faber will win the rubber match and this talk will be moot. Aldo will lose to pretty much any wrestler...which is why Mendes is not getting the next title shot. personally i dont care too much because i would love to see Florian getting KTFO by Aldo, but Mendes deserves the shot over Kenny

I do believe Mendes could be a serious threat to Aldo, but I'm still not sold on him. He'll have to really wow me in his next fight for me to be 100% sold. Don't get that confused for Mendes hate/bashing or whatever, as I'm a fan of Mendes, Benavidez, and Faber. My problem is that Mendes is essentially a more powerful Urijah Faber. Kind of like a Faber 2.0. I've been impressed by Mendes so far, and I think he is going to have a very bright future in the UFC, but right now I haven't seen much outside of the more natural and powerful 145 frame than Faber had, that says to me "Hey, Mendes will be able to succeed where Faber didn't". Like I said before, Mendes and Faber are kinda carbon copies of each other. Now it could be that the more natural strength for the weight class that Mendes brings could help him succeed where Faber did not against Aldo, I'm just not sure yet. I'm really looking forward to his next fight and I hope his performance makes the match up 10x more intriguing than it already is.

That said, I'm with you, I believe that Florian will get beaten to a pulp by Aldo.

Why people seem to be coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden and saying that wrestlers will handle Aldo soundly is still beyond me. I mean Aldo has destroyed three very solid wrestlers at 145 already in Brookins, Faber and Brown. Why I'm surprised when we MMA fans are fickle after one bad performance given the laundry list of examples of it that can be found online, I don't know.

Silva has one bad performance against Sonnen, steroid allegations, and broken rib aside, and a lot of us are jumping on the wrestlers destroy Silva bandwagon.

Jones beats Shogun and we have people calling him the best fighter in the world, if not behind only GSP, and he hasn't even defended his belt yet in a division where the belt has went through more hands in the past 2 or 3 years than any other belt in any other division in the UFC, except maybe the HW belt.

Fedor lost to Werdum and people started saying that he had been overrated the entire time and was barely top ten.

Don't take this to mean I'm tearing down your post or anything, it just kinda amazes me how much 1 bad performance changes everyone's opinion of a fighter's talent level.

Great post. Furthermore, how many people started threads saying Lesnar was a couple wins away from being the best HW ever after the Carwin victory? How many people said it would be Machida, before Jones showed up, that would own the division for years? How many people said B.J. would NEVER be beaten at LW again?

Post #35   7/5/11 2:06:49PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3