Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dominick Cruz willing to move up to featherweight to fight Jose Aldo (Video)

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
UFC_Fanatic- Edgar would wrestle his way to a 50-45 decision. He keeps it standing all the time because he is fighting guys who are bigger, and have far better ( or boring....maynard) ground game, if Hominick worked him with ease for a round with his "wrestling?"......, Frankie would tool him.

also , I agree something will surface from the Florian camp any minute now.

Post #16   7/4/11 5:58:06PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Cruz is going to have trouble against a Muay Thai guy that likes to kick. His style of movement doesn't protect him from attacks at that range. Jose Aldo would brutalize him. Plus those leg kicks will make it harder to move as the fight goes on, which in turn makes it easier to leg kick him again. All the while, Aldo just has to protect himself from Cruz's non-committed punches.

I'll take avatar bets the moment the fight is announced, Cruz doesnt have the right style to fight kicks.

Post #17   7/4/11 6:17:09PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
BeeR- I will admit, that is a possibility, and you do bring up a good point as far as Edgar standing because size, and strength advantages of guys like Maynard nullifying his wrestling, however, I'm not entirely sure that Hominick taking down and controlling an Aldo whose gas tank was empty and his car had died on him, doesn't exactly prove to be the blue print to beat Aldo. I know that in the past we've seen Aldo shuck off the take downs of Faber (could be argued that it was because of the size and strength advantage of Aldo), and Mike Brown with out any trouble. He completely outclassed Mike Brown, who does have the size and strength advantage and the wrestling ability to exploit the blue print that Hominick supposedly exposed to beating him, yet Brown couldn't get any momentum going for him at all. Of course, you could make the argument that Aldo was too fast for Brown to get a good grip on, which wouldn't be as evident if Aldo fought Edgar. Of course, that's just my opinion, and that is my defense of said opinion. I'm sure that people have opinions that counter mine, which leaves everyone at an impasse. So I guess we'll probably just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited 7/4/11 6:31PM server time by ufc_Fanatic
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/4/11 6:29:34PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

BeeR- I will admit, that is a possibility, and you do bring up a good point as far as Edgar standing because size, and strength advantages of guys like Maynard nullifying his wrestling, however, I'm not entirely sure that Hominick taking down and controlling an Aldo whose gas tank was empty and his car had died on him, doesn't exactly prove to be the blue print to beat Aldo. I know that in the past we've seen Aldo shuck off the take downs of Faber (could be argued that it was because of the size and strength advantage of Aldo), and Mike Brown with out any trouble. He completely outclassed Mike Brown, who does have the size and strength advantage and the wrestling ability to exploit the blue print that Hominick supposedly exposed to beating him, yet Brown couldn't get any momentum going for him at all. Of course, you could make the argument that Aldo was too fast for Brown to get a good grip on, which wouldn't be as evident if Aldo fought Edgar. Of course, that's just my opinion, and that is my defense of said opinion. I'm sure that people have opinions that counter mine, which leaves everyone at an impasse. So I guess we'll probably just have to agree to disagree.

Everyone has beaten Brown except Faber...Edgar would destroy Aldo with wrestling actually I will pick Guida if he moves down...Aldo is given way to much credit for his wins cause guys fought his gameplan...Let a legit UFC guy fight him and differnet story...He so vulnerable to a takedown its not even funny...Not to mention when you leg kick you are most vulnerable for the take down...
He fairs way better against Cruz since Cruz is coming up a weight...Edgar is a very smart fighter...I actually think BJ Penn would beat Aldo by submission...but we know hed never make that weight...

Guidas movement gets in a guys head...They dont get to train for guys like Cruz and Guida...Cruz has came a long way and gotten better...So has Guida...The way Hominick took Aldo down should scream get the takedown no matter what you have to do...Edgar is far to much a wrestler and size for Aldo...

I thinkl Edgar would utterly destroy Cruz too....With wrestling of course..>A great fight would be Guida and Cruz at 145...The way they both move be interesting...

Post #19   7/4/11 6:52:31PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:
guida is easy to read, left, right, left, right, left, right, with opposite head movement, his opponents need to look at his chest and not his hair, like playing the body in hockey.

Post #20   7/4/11 7:17:32PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,518-1,294
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

guida is easy to read, left, right, left, right, left, right

I think it's more like up up down down left right left right B A start

Post #21   7/4/11 7:19:53PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:
select start for multiplayer.

Post #22   7/4/11 7:29:24PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BeeR

guida is easy to read, left, right, left, right, left, right

I think it's more like up up down down left right left right B A start

*Unlocks All Weapons in Grand Theft Auto 3

Post #23   7/4/11 7:47:09PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:
grand theft auto,
man, how old are you? lol

thats the konami code man!, free lives for pretty much every NES konami game.

I was rockin that code 20 years ago haha

aww, now I feel old and Im totally not

Last edited 7/4/11 8:21PM server time by beer

Post #24   7/4/11 8:21:22PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I understand what you're saying, but a gassed out Edgar has 5 times the wrestling of a FRESH Hominick, so if a GASSED Hominick, can work a gassed Aldo, then a fresh Edgar should be able to dominate a fresh Aldo and even finish a worn down Aldo in the later rounds correct?. Edgar has the full package that Aldo would need to be very careful in setting and carrying out a game plan, frankie is just as quick, probably has better footwork, no doubt has better wrestling, and would use that, and his own jiu jitsu to neutralize Aldos BJJ, as for leg kicks, they will cease to exist after Aldo is put on his back 4 or 5 times. I think Frankie would neutralize every strong point in Aldos game and wouldn't lose more then 1 round, if any. But as you say, its all personal opinion, and anything can happen in a fight.
So lets just hope it happens so we can AV bet

Post #25   7/4/11 8:37:51PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:531-352
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This would be a great fight that would probabaly go back and fourth. Although if it did happen i'd go with Aldo by 4th round tko.

Post #26   7/4/11 10:02:04PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I understand what you're saying, but a gassed out Edgar has 5 times the wrestling of a FRESH Hominick, so if a GASSED Hominick, can work a gassed Aldo, then a fresh Edgar should be able to dominate a fresh Aldo and even finish a worn down Aldo in the later rounds correct?. Edgar has the full package that Aldo would need to be very careful in setting and carrying out a game plan, frankie is just as quick, probably has better footwork, no doubt has better wrestling, and would use that, and his own jiu jitsu to neutralize Aldos BJJ, as for leg kicks, they will cease to exist after Aldo is put on his back 4 or 5 times. I think Frankie would neutralize every strong point in Aldos game and wouldn't lose more then 1 round, if any. But as you say, its all personal opinion, and anything can happen in a fight.
So lets just hope it happens so we can AV bet

Hominick clearly wasn't gassed.

Post #27   7/4/11 10:08:31PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I personally think that when Aldo isn't having an Anderson Silva moment in the cage he could defeat Florian, Edgar, Guida and Cruz pretty solidly. There are a whole lot of guys from other orgs that I would like to see the UFC snatch up so that we could get some fresh blood at LW and BW. Fw is still too new to need it IMO.

Post #28   7/4/11 10:13:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Faber will win the rubber match and this talk will be moot. Aldo will lose to pretty much any wrestler...which is why Mendes is not getting the next title shot. personally i dont care too much because i would love to see Florian getting KTFO by Aldo, but Mendes deserves the shot over Kenny

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #29   7/4/11 11:20:35PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,499-922
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Faber will win the rubber match and this talk will be moot. Aldo will lose to pretty much any wrestler...which is why Mendes is not getting the next title shot. personally i dont care too much because i would love to see Florian getting KTFO by Aldo, but Mendes deserves the shot over Kenny

I do believe Mendes could be a serious threat to Aldo, but I'm still not sold on him. He'll have to really wow me in his next fight for me to be 100% sold. Don't get that confused for Mendes hate/bashing or whatever, as I'm a fan of Mendes, Benavidez, and Faber. My problem is that Mendes is essentially a more powerful Urijah Faber. Kind of like a Faber 2.0. I've been impressed by Mendes so far, and I think he is going to have a very bright future in the UFC, but right now I haven't seen much outside of the more natural and powerful 145 frame than Faber had, that says to me "Hey, Mendes will be able to succeed where Faber didn't". Like I said before, Mendes and Faber are kinda carbon copies of each other. Now it could be that the more natural strength for the weight class that Mendes brings could help him succeed where Faber did not against Aldo, I'm just not sure yet. I'm really looking forward to his next fight and I hope his performance makes the match up 10x more intriguing than it already is.

That said, I'm with you, I believe that Florian will get beaten to a pulp by Aldo.

Why people seem to be coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden and saying that wrestlers will handle Aldo soundly is still beyond me. I mean Aldo has destroyed three very solid wrestlers at 145 already in Brookins, Faber and Brown. Why I'm surprised when we MMA fans are fickle after one bad performance given the laundry list of examples of it that can be found online, I don't know.

Silva has one bad performance against Sonnen, steroid allegations, and broken rib aside, and a lot of us are jumping on the wrestlers destroy Silva bandwagon.

Jones beats Shogun and we have people calling him the best fighter in the world, if not behind only GSP, and he hasn't even defended his belt yet in a division where the belt has went through more hands in the past 2 or 3 years than any other belt in any other division in the UFC, except maybe the HW belt.

Fedor lost to Werdum and people started saying that he had been overrated the entire time and was barely top ten.

Don't take this to mean I'm tearing down your post or anything, it just kinda amazes me how much 1 bad performance changes everyone's opinion of a fighter's talent level.

Last edited 7/5/11 1:12AM server time by ufc_Fanatic
2 total post edits

Post #30   7/5/11 12:59:48AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3