Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 132 - Discussion and Results (spoilers)

Print  
  Page 16 of 16   <<   13     14     15     16  
Posted By Message

PricklyPear

MMA Regular

PricklyPear Avatar

Career:1,098-773
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I knew Ortiz had a good shot in this fight. Everyone's been talking so much **** about the guy retiring and I've been arguing that he's actually still pretty decent especially if you take his injuries and layoffs into account. He's not going to win the belt or anything like that but he's still a pretty solid 205er.

I always knew he was tough, and really hard to finish. Just never thought he could finish a guy like Bader at this point in his career. He really went out there and attacked. He needs to do this more and more each fight to keep winning. Tough isn't enough anymore. Tito winning is good business for the UFC.

Post #226   7/3/11 1:19:37AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
My thoughts on 132:

-I feel sorry for George Sotiropoulos. Just a month ago he was one of the most hyped prospects in the Lightweight division, now he's at the mercy of the UFC after that vicious knockout. I hope he makes a comeback in his next fight.
-Melvin Guillard is a BEAST. I think they should throw him in Jim Miller and find another opponent for Ben Henderson. Guillard deserves top opponents at this stage of his career.
-Carlos Condit is on a streak, and the rest of the Welterweight division needs to take notice. Knockout power, submissions, speed, cardio and heart. What more could you ask for? Guys like Fitch, Penn, Koscheck and Shields needs to watch it, he could be coming after them pretty soon.
-It depressed me that Bader lost like he did. He's my second favorite Light Heavyweight, and I HATED watching him lose to Tito, especially after being dropped then submitted. I will give Tito some credit, though. He looked great tonight.
-I thought Dennis Siver won his fight against Wiman 29-28. He won rounds 1 and 3 in my opinion, and Wiman won 2.
-It crushed me to see Wanderlei knocked out like that. Seems like we are yet again watching the last moments of an MMA legend's career, and Wanderlei might go out just as violently as the others.
-Cruz looked amazing tonight. It's hard to think that anyone in the division will be able to touch him. I'm thinking we will be seeing him for a long time to come.

Post #227   7/3/11 1:23:12AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,631-1,351
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Aside from the Diaz brothers my two favorite fighters won tonight (Cruz/Condit). Doesn't get any better.

Post #228   7/3/11 1:56:19AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
About to watch the Cruz/Faber fight. If you missed the event like I did, PM me for link, it's about to start.

Post #229   7/3/11 3:01:04AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
Also have links to Leben/Silva, Bader/Tito, Condit/Kim as long as they stay up.

Post #230   7/3/11 3:02:46AM   

Page 16 of 16   <<   13     14     15     16