Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wanderlei Silva on Chael Sonnen: 'I Will Kill Him Fast'

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by SamPan

I'd choose Chael to beat anyone in the MW division. That includes a rematch against Anderson

How about a rematch with Damien Maia? The dude has no Sub defense He had one impressive win wait my bad that was a loss and he was on the gas. his levels were 4 times what they should have been you have too much fairth in him.

we didnt see Sonnen on top of Maia. plus Maia couldnt finish Grove when he was on top for half the fight.

he beat both Marquardt and Okami as a heavy underdog. he was 2 minutes away from doing the same before Silvas hail mary was answered. no one else has ever done what he has done. he may very well be the #2 MW in the world and will prove so when he starts fighting again. and yes he will beat Anderson in a rematch

as far as Sonnen/Wanderlei goes, i really dont see Wandy winning at all. love the guy, met him once and he was so damn nice and friendly that i can never root against him, but he will be on his ass for 15 minutes. he may have a black belt in BJJ (i believe so anyways) but Sonnen dismantled Dan Miller who imo has better BJJ than Wandy. this is probably the worst matchup for Wandy at MW

Last edited 6/30/11 12:45PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   6/30/11 12:41:43PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by prozacnation1978

If silva couldn't ko pillow fists bisping out
I doubt he would ko chael

But beating a leban and sonnen for him would fast track him to title shot

So.. What you're sayin' is Silva has no chance at knocking Sonnen out because he didn't knock Bisping out, even with the other countless knockouts on his resume? Besides, who knows how well Sonnen will fight off the juice.

to be fair though, aside glass chin Jardine, when was the last time Wandy finished someone? hell he has like 2 wins in his past 7 fights or something bad.

for all we know Wandy may have juiced in Japan where there wasnt any testing. he did look overly jacked in a couple fights, though he did fight at HW/Openweight at times

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   6/30/11 12:49:45PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
i hope so

Post #18   6/30/11 12:58:17PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
I need some of what SamPan is smoking. Anderson silva toyed with Sonnen for 5 rounds because he knew he could throw him in a triangle. He wanted to sub him to make a point about BJJ. Not to mention hopefully this time Sonnen wouldn't be juiced out of his brain.

Post #19   6/30/11 1:53:40PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

I need some of what SamPan is smoking. Anderson silva toyed with Sonnen for 5 rounds because he knew he could throw him in a triangle. He wanted to sub him to make a point about BJJ. Not to mention hopefully this time Sonnen wouldn't be juiced out of his brain.

...I think you may have already found the stash, bro.

Post #20   6/30/11 2:01:58PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by tn_rebel

I want some of what you're smoking, toying with Sonnen? Yeah, getting clipped and dropped mutiple times, getting beat down in guard, getting taken down at will is toying?

Post #21   6/30/11 2:02:57PM   

MattHughesRules

MMA Regular

MattHughesRules Avatar

Career:710-388
Camp: Tapout or Passout
Chips:
This is the kind of thing that makes Wand what he is. Just a tough as nails animal with sick power in both hands. I would love to see Chael try and be cocky and stand in the pocket only to get eliminated with a big Wand bomb. Chances are though Sonnen would prey on Wand's weak takedown defense and maul him on the ground for 3 rounds. It would be boring.

This weekend could be epic though.....Wand vs. Leben....it's going to be like the Wild West in there!

Last edited 6/30/11 2:17PM server time by MattHughesRules
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   6/30/11 2:16:18PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by SamPan

I'd choose Chael to beat anyone in the MW division. That includes a rematch against Anderson

How about a rematch with Damien Maia? The dude has no Sub defense He had one impressive win wait my bad that was a loss and he was on the gas. his levels were 4 times what they should have been you have too much fairth in him.

we didnt see Sonnen on top of Maia. plus Maia couldnt finish Grove when he was on top for half the fight.

Maia tried to let him get on top but Sonnen wanted nothing to do with Maia on the floor. Have you seen Maia's boxing of late He would be Chale on the feet as well. Not to mention Maia hit a lateral drop and went stright to mount. Then finished with a triangle.

Post #23   6/30/11 2:40:10PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

That's one man who I know fo sho aint scared off anybody. Legend!

Ummm... Brian Stann?

Post #24   6/30/11 3:51:28PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by BigBadAl

That's one man who I know fo sho aint scared off anybody. Legend!

Ummm... Brian Stann?

Wand isn't scared of Brian Stann. He didn't want to fight Stann Because The UFC would've marketed it as "The All American" vs. "The Axe Murderer" and would've made Wand the "bad guy" for the fight. and Wand enjoys being a fan favorite rather than someone to root against.

Post #25   6/30/11 5:50:27PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Ill quote sonnen "yeah.....yeah, sure"

Post #26   6/30/11 6:22:51PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

So.. What you're sayin' is Silva has no chance at knocking Sonnen out because he didn't knock Bisping out, even with the other countless knockouts on his resume? Besides, who knows how well Sonnen will fight off the juice.

As far as I know, he'll be on the exact same amount of "juice" as when he was suspended, he just will have turned in the necessary paperwork on time.

Post #27   6/30/11 6:25:04PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

As far as I know, he'll be on the exact same amount of "juice" as when he was suspended, he just will have turned in the necessary paperwork on time.

Thats not true If your talking about the same levels as the Anderson fight. He was like 4 times higher then the max allowed dr excuse or not when he fought Anderson.

Post #28   6/30/11 8:51:41PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

Thats not true If your talking about the same levels as the Anderson fight. He was like 4 times higher then the max allowed dr excuse or not when he fought Anderson.

The level depends at what point it was administered. That level is perfectly normal and even low depending when he received his legal treatment. 4 times higher is actually not very high when dealing with the type of test they use because it is a ratio test.

He didn't have a 4 times higher level of testosterone than allowed, he had a 4 times higher ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone. Weight cutting has been proven to lower epitestosterone levels so his testosterone level could've been normal with his epitestosterone level 4 times lower than normal and if the paperwork had been turned in on time, there wouldn't have been any suspension. Anyone can feel free to correct me if you feel I'm wrong and can include a link relating to the Sonnen AC proceedings.

I feel like 99% of MMA fans don't realize it's not a test for Testosterone levels. It is a ratio test.

Post #29   6/30/11 9:26:44PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by postman

Posted by SamPan

he beat both Marquardt and Okami as a heavy underdog. he was 2 minutes away from doing the same before Silvas hail mary was answered. no one else has ever done what he has done. he may very well be the #2 MW in the world and will prove so when he starts fighting again. and yes he will beat Anderson in a rematch

as far as Sonnen/Wanderlei goes, i really dont see Wandy winning at all. love the guy, met him once and he was so damn nice and friendly that i can never root against him, but he will be on his ass for 15 minutes. he may have a black belt in BJJ (i believe so anyways) but Sonnen dismantled Dan Miller who imo has better BJJ than Wandy. this is probably the worst matchup for Wandy at MW

Maia's jiu jitsu just hasn't been the same since he learned to strike. In my opinion he should stick with what he's best at and go back to spending the whole fight avoiding standup and trying to get it to the ground any way he can.

Post #30   6/30/11 10:43:37PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3