Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen Now Free to Apply for License

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Chael Sonnen, the UFC middleweight who has been serving a suspension from the California State Athletic Commission since his loss to Anderson Silva in August of 2010, is now free to apply for a license to fight in California or any other state.

"He can be removed from the suspension list and he is able to re-apply to any agency or any commission," George Dodd, the Commission's executive officer, told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday. "In California he would have to appear before the Commission before the Commission would license."

LINK

Post #1   6/29/11 2:28:51PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Chips:
I like Chael as an MMA personality. I want to see him cut promos. I want to see him fight. I want Silva-Sonnen II. I don't care about his legal troubles, there have been, and are currently, worse criminals in the UFC.

It's the TRT that is my issue. Level playing fields in sports are what I desire, albeit however unrealistic. Now, if Sonnen is naturally testosterone deficient, I would have sympathy for his situation. But if he is someone who needs it because he abused steroids and now needs testosterone because his body has trouble producing it, I say follow Nate Marquardt and GTFO.

Post #2   6/29/11 3:15:01PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I like Chael as an MMA personality. I want to see him cut promos. I want to see him fight. I want Silva-Sonnen II. I don't care about his legal troubles, there have been, and are currently, worse criminals in the UFC.

It's the TRT that is my issue. Level playing fields in sports are what I desire, albeit however unrealistic. Now, if Sonnen is naturally testosterone deficient, I would have sympathy for his situation. But if he is someone who needs it because he abused steroids and now needs testosterone because his body has trouble producing it, I say follow Nate Marquardt and GTFO.

Who would be the worse criminals currently in the UFC?

Post #3   6/29/11 3:23:56PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Chips:
In my opinion, just off the top of my head, I would say Rampage. After he lost his title he went on his own little Rampage, and endangered the lives of people with his actions. He had charges brought on him, and if I recall right, DW went and paid his bail and had his back the whole way.

Post #4   6/29/11 3:45:07PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So I guess chael can fight again soon once he gets lincensed

Post #5   6/29/11 3:51:44PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by pmoney

Leben has 2 DUIs

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   6/29/11 5:58:40PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by pmoney

It's not current, but Rob Emerson had quite the checkered past. As pmoney stated, Rampage's actions were rather egregious. Let's also not forget Yvel. Sonnen's are bad, but those three were, in my opinion, worse.

Post #7   6/29/11 7:39:54PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Chips:
I would say while rampages actions were more spectacular, his state of mind mitigates them a little, but they posed a lot more danger to the public so in that sense I agree they were worse. I'll have to look into the Emerson stuff, I had no Idea he had a criminal past. As for Yvel ya he's got my vote. Thanks for elaborating guys.

Post #8   6/29/11 8:00:05PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by machodog76

I would say while rampages actions were more spectacular, his state of mind mitigates them a little, but they posed a lot more danger to the public so in that sense I agree they were worse. I'll have to look into the Emerson stuff, I had no Idea he had a criminal past. As for Yvel ya he's got my vote. Thanks for elaborating guys.

While I agree with you about state of mind, a woman lost her baby "because" of that. I realize that medical evidence stated otherwise, but that doesn't help the "what-if" scenario. Medicine has been wrong before. If Rampage wasn't on the road that morning....we will never know, unfortunately.

Post #9   6/29/11 8:14:52PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I just think that the timeing of this is perfect......what with Nate going down and all.

Post #10   6/29/11 10:47:42PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Like some have said, let us forget the legal issues surrounding Sonnen. He has served his time.

I want to see if Sonnen can make the Dance Dance Revolution Expert, Anderson Silva lose his rhythm. Sonnen successfully disrupted the Spider's rhythm in their first bout but the Spider managed to spin a web and got right back on beat - and that was only because Sonnen was playing some lullabies which Anderson was still able to dance to despite the lack of heavy accented beats. This time, if there is indeed a next time, expect Sonnen to play some waltz. Dance Dance Revolution experts only know pop and rock beats which are usually in 2/4 and 4/4 time. Waltz are played in 3/4 time and this time - expect the dancer to fall on stage.

Post #11   6/30/11 1:46:40AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by machodog76

I would say while rampages actions were more spectacular, his state of mind mitigates them a little, but they posed a lot more danger to the public so in that sense I agree they were worse. I'll have to look into the Emerson stuff, I had no Idea he had a criminal past. As for Yvel ya he's got my vote. Thanks for elaborating guys.While I agree with you about state of mind, a woman lost her baby "because" of that. I realize that medical evidence stated otherwise, but that doesn't help the "what-if" scenario. Medicine has been wrong before. If Rampage wasn't on the road that morning....we will never know, unfortunately.

You and I don't know that she lost her baby because of the incident either so I don't think its fair to use that as a factor without looking closely at the medical evidence it was presented in court. Which I don't think is possible

Last edited 6/30/11 2:03AM server time by machodog76
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   6/30/11 2:02:35AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by machodog76

You and I don't know that she lost her baby because of the incident either so I don't think its fair to use that as a factor without looking closely at the medical evidence it was presented in court. Which I don't think is possible

I agree, I'm just looking at ALL of the circumstances, whether directly related or otherwise.

Post #13   6/30/11 2:03:39AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by machodog76

While I agree with you about state of mind, a woman lost her baby "because" of that.

I totally disagree with this statement.

Post #14   6/30/11 7:26:10AM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by machodog76

While I agree with you about state of mind, a woman lost her baby "because" of that.

I totally disagree with this statement.

which one mine or Mr skies? Just curious.

Post #15   6/30/11 3:49:51PM