Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ben Askren Calls Nate Marquardt 'Cheater' Vows to Crush Him in Bellator

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I can't stand askren at all
Great fighter. Will get better.
He needs to focus on improving and stop talking smack
When he goes to ufc, we will see how good he really is

Post #16   6/29/11 4:27:15PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kingsmasher

The reason I know Askren will give GSP problems is this..

.If you know wrestling you would know this....His nickname is Funky for a reason...All the training in wrestling doesnt prepare you for a guy like Askren..>When you train with wreslters Askren is differnet..>When most wrestlers will tell you that when a guy goes for a takedown he will do this or that....They will say, "he would never do that" and that "never" is what Askren does...His coaches will tell the same story...thats how he got the nickname....He does stuff you do not prepare for...I think he will be in the UFC in a year....

In other words...

"the reason" = just your opinion and not
really a reason

Here I was expecting facts to back up your opinion. My bad...

Is there a difference in my "opinion" or the "reason" I think he would pose problems....Did I say win? Its harder to prepare for unorthodox fighters....Look at what Jon Jones is doing or what Machida has done....Case closed...

Post #17   6/29/11 6:23:32PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by kingsmasher

I thinkAskren is the best competition for GSP...

lol at you and the hype in this thread.

Well you can all you want but askren is the better wrestler...and will not act like Jake shields in the fight...Will get the takedown and I believe Askren is just as strong as GSP...

Who's the best fighter Askren has fought? Nobody even close to the level of competition that GSP has been running through. Nobody close to Fitch, Kos, Shields, Alves, Penn, or even friggin Dan Hardy. Nobody, let alone GSP himself. Don't you think we should see how he does against a top 5 or even top 10 opponent before we place this invincible moniker on him? You think you would've learned from the Carwin is definately going to beat JDS stuff to not be so overly confident on such things. Sure, Askren could win, but I wouldn't say he's the best competition yet before seeing how he does against some higher quality competition then what he's been up against.

All that being said, I think Marquardt would be a perfect match up to show us if Ben is a legit top 10 threat.

You are coming across emotional...Did I say he would WIN? NO I did guarantee a win for Carwin but that was based on the thoguht he might implement the gameplan that he did not...He needs Greg Jackson Fulltime....When he had JDS against the fence he didnt throw a single punch like he did Mir..I don't know why....He stood in front of a guy who can jab...

But as for guarantees on here I DID NOT WAGER 1 dollar on Carwin in that fight...And for the record Askren can manhandle in wrestling any guy you named above...So like Clay Guida says...Can I quote him or do I agree with people here? Wrestling wins championships!!! but the truth is if you can sprawl your way from being taken down and have the bettter standup you will win...I will take Askren and I guess it looks as thoguh when the fight the odds here "this site"I should get + 1100 cause I will be the only one thinking he could win....

Askren and Diaz would be a joke...Askren by all five rounds easy win....

As for Marquardt facing Askren you think thats a way to guage Askren...Well Nate being bigger and getting a big fight against Story first fight what did that tell you?

So hypothetically if he goes to Bellator and Askren wipes the canvas with him for five rounds then who do you got?

Post #18   6/29/11 6:33:29PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
@kingsmasher you have went as far to say Askren would dominate GSP......Link.

Post #19   6/29/11 7:18:07PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2