Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pro Elite Targeting August for Return

Print  
Posted By Message

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,095-597
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Pro Elite Targeting August for Return; T. Jay Thompson & Rich Chou on Board as Executives
From the ashes a new promotion will rise.
Pro Elite, the parent company that once housed the promotion Elite XC, is on its way back and they’ve found a couple of MMA powerhouses to help run the show.
According to sources speaking to MMAWeekly.com on Monday, former ICON owner T. Jay Thompson and former Strikeforce matchmaker Rich Chou have been brought on board to run the show at Pro Elite.
Additionally, the promotion has targeted a late August date for their return to action, and they are currently scouting locations for the show.
Sources have also indicated that former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski is one of a handful of fighters that have been in negotiations to fight for the organization when they return later this year.

Link

Uh oh....ProElite Inc. is taking another stab at it!
This was once a $15 stock while it was on prime time CBS, but now has fallen to 12 cents. Something tells me I should throw some spare cash at it just on the gamble that they can turn the boat around. I think CBS/Showtime are still shareholders in it too.
Hopefully they can turn out a string of decent events, but ultimately we all know the fate that awaits the company in the long run...failure.

Post #1   6/28/11 2:14:37AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
They still own the rights to Elite XC, King of the Cage, Icon Sport, and Cage Rage and allegedly bid over $40 million for Strikeforce before the UFC came in and stepped on their bid like it was an ant.

I'm sure they could find a way to compete again especially with their longstanding relationships with Showtime and CBS.

Post #2   7/3/11 6:31:50AM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
If UFC folds SF I hope ProElite will get back back on Showtime since there are so many decent fighters out there now that UFC can't keep or get them all.

Post #3   7/31/11 10:24:56AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I hope they stay around. They can floorish in the mma landscape if they don't pull an affliction and do too much too soon. They can also last as long as they never put tank or kimbo on their cards. Those guys make it look like were in 96' again

Post #4   8/4/11 1:24:38PM