Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Donald Cerrone Replaces Makdessi, Faces Paul Taylor at UFC on Versus 5

Print  
Who takes it?
Paul Taylor 7 29%
Donald Cerrone 17 71%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Not the biggest fan of Cerrone's mouth, but the guy can fight and puts on a hell of a show. He and Taylor will put on a classic!

Post #16   6/28/11 12:24:33PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

With bonnar out
The versus main card needs one more fight to fill it
I hope its this one. Great match up
My guess is cerrone will call out cole miller if he wins

didnt he already call out Sam Stout?

anyways i see this as a 30-27 decision win for Cerrone. Taylor will have his chances but Cerrone being the vet will find a way to win each round

Last edited 6/28/11 1:22PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   6/28/11 1:19:17PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

With bonnar out

anyways i see this as a 30-27 decision win for Cerrone. Taylor will have his chances but Cerrone being the vet will find a way to win each round

Cerrone isn't the vet. They both have equal number of MMA fights, but Taylor holds 10 fights inside the UFC compared to Cerrone's 3.

Post #18   6/28/11 2:40:05PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I think if the two stand and bang the entire fight, I give the edge to Taylor. There is a reason that Roegan kept going on and on about how Taylor's striking was a prime example of picture perfect technique in his fight against Gabe Ruediger. He is a phenomenal striker, but Cerrone is no slouch on the feet himself. I could very well see this being a split decision in what is sure to be a highly contested fight of the night type bout. I predict a 29-28 decision in Taylor's favor if it's a striking match. If it hits the ground though, I give Cerrone the edge.

Cerrone will take this to the ground for a clear cut advantage....Cerrone is very smart and in Greg Jackson camp...But to say a fighter is great standing against Gabe Rudeiger is obvious but not all that much of a compliment...Cerrone will sub Taylor...Taylor hasnt finished anyone and was subbed by Marcus Davis...Cerrone on his back is nice to watch...Triangle second round...

I hate to be that guy.. But have you ever actually watched Taylor fight, except against Rudeiger? Rogan mentions Taylor's striking technique in almost all of his fights, not just the Rudeiger fight, because Taylor does have some of the best striking in the division when it comes down to pure technique. You also mentioned that Taylor hasn't finished anyone, but he just knocked out Rudeiger, and he knocked out Edilberto Oliveira back at UFC 70. But Taylor has mentioned a few times that he tends to focus more on speed and technique then power. As for Marcus Davis submitting him, go watch the fight. Taylor was winning the fight, and he almost knocked Davis out with a headkick, but Davis started using his wrestling after the headkick and eventually submitted Taylor. Paul is tough as nails and hasn't been finished since. Don't sleep on him.

Post #19   6/28/11 2:51:20PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

With bonnar out

Cerrone isn't the vet. They both have equal number of MMA fights, but Taylor holds 10 fights inside the UFC compared to Cerrone's 3.

wow i didnt realize that. i guess since i never really paid much attention to the undercards prior to about a year and a half ago, i didnt notice him. now i feel stupid

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   6/28/11 3:28:31PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

With bonnar out

wow i didnt realize that. i guess since i never really paid much attention to the undercards prior to about a year and a half ago, i didnt notice him. now i feel stupid

Honestly, I only know because Taylor is my favorite Lightweight. lol

Post #21   6/28/11 3:32:11PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,448-894
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I think if the two stand and bang the entire fight, I give the edge to Taylor. There is a reason that Roegan kept going on and on about how Taylor's striking was a prime example of picture perfect technique in his fight against Gabe Ruediger. He is a phenomenal striker, but Cerrone is no slouch on the feet himself. I could very well see this being a split decision in what is sure to be a highly contested fight of the night type bout. I predict a 29-28 decision in Taylor's favor if it's a striking match. If it hits the ground though, I give Cerrone the edge.

Cerrone will take this to the ground for a clear cut advantage....Cerrone is very smart and in Greg Jackson camp...But to say a fighter is great standing against Gabe Rudeiger is obvious but not all that much of a compliment...Cerrone will sub Taylor...Taylor hasnt finished anyone and was subbed by Marcus Davis...Cerrone on his back is nice to watch...Triangle second round...

I hate to be that guy.. But have you ever actually watched Taylor fight, except against Rudeiger? Rogan mentions Taylor's striking technique in almost all of his fights, not just the Rudeiger fight, because Taylor does have some of the best striking in the division when it comes down to pure technique. You also mentioned that Taylor hasn't finished anyone, but he just knocked out Rudeiger, and he knocked out Edilberto Oliveira back at UFC 70. But Taylor has mentioned a few times that he tends to focus more on speed and technique then power. As for Marcus Davis submitting him, go watch the fight. Taylor was winning the fight, and he almost knocked Davis out with a headkick, but Davis started using his wrestling after the headkick and eventually submitted Taylor. Paul is tough as nails and hasn't been finished since. Don't sleep on him.

I've watched maybe like 4 or 5 of his fights in the UFC, it's just that I bought the DVD for the event he fought Ruediger on, and I actually watched all the fights on the card again, so it was fresh in my memory. I remember being impressed by him in his fight against Davis back when I was still very new to the sport, and I was a fan of Davis at the time. When Taylor landed that head kick I jumped out of my seat and was like "Holy sh*t!" I was surprised that kick didn't shut the lights out on davis right there. Still, I could stand to go back and watch all his fights again. It's been forever. Plus a little more familiarity with him might help me make my pick a little easier.

Post #22   6/29/11 4:47:58AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2