Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Marquardt cut from the UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Nate Marquardt (MMA 31-10-2 UFC 10-4) Has been cut from the UFC:

It's just going from bad to worse for Nate, not only did he lose his Main Event spot at UFC Live on Versus but he has been cut from the UFC in the space of 40 minutes as Dana says in the video link below: LINK

What's next for Nate, I don't know, but this is big big news. Greg Jackson's Camp Claim that they: Instist the setback is temporary and his future still lies at 170 pounds. With regards to him being taken off the main event.

However with the cut from the UFC it's a huge shake up for Nate's career and both the Middleweight and Welterweight Divisions.

Last edited 6/25/11 5:25PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   6/25/11 5:05:56PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Should have stayed at 185.

Wonder if Spike is still going to carry the Nate marathon tomorrow?

Last edited 6/25/11 5:08PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #2   6/25/11 5:07:16PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Unreal. Marquardt sure pissed Dana off good.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   6/25/11 5:10:32PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:
There's more to this for sure. He failed his medicals and now he's cut? I can't wait to hear more about this. That's pretty crazy, Marquardt is a big name.

Post #4   6/25/11 5:13:07PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
Someone on Facebook wrote this:

"So the forums are saying he weighed in at 182 :s - they even had an ultimate Nate tribute show staged to air before the main event as well....no wonder Dana was so pissed...not sure If that's the only reason he was cut though."

It would make a lot of sense if he was weighing that high (ignoring the Ultimate Nate as I'd like to think us Playgrounders are die hard fans ) But it is a thought it would annoy spike

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #5   6/25/11 5:31:25PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,598-1,421
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Someone on Facebook wrote this:

"So the forums are saying he weighed in at 182 :s - they even had an ultimate Nate tribute show staged to air before the main event as well....no wonder Dana was so pissed...not sure If that's the only reason he was cut though."

It would make a lot of sense if he was weighing that high (ignoring the Ultimate Nate as I'd like to think us Playgrounders are die hard fans ) But it is a thought it would annoy spike

Ya, if he weighed in at 182 then this cut definately makes sense. That is ridiculous.

But if it was only by a couple of pounds Im surprised by this cut. Alves and others have come in overweight for main events and not been cut.

Post #6   6/25/11 5:34:26PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
the suspense is killing me.....

Post #7   6/25/11 5:39:16PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
He never weighed in though. To me, this sounds like a failed pre-fight drug test or something to that effect. They don't weigh you during your pre-fight medicals, do they?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #8   6/25/11 5:40:49PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

He never weighed in though. To me, this sounds like a failed pre-fight drug test or something to that effect. They don't weigh you during your pre-fight medicals, do they?

His camp might have let Dana know he wasn't gonna make it. Could be a pre-fight drug screen as well, but usually those don't come out until after the fight.

Getting cut with prejudice by zuffa in 2011 is not good for the ole' career.

edit: nvm

“He failed his medicals,” said White. “Not only is he out of this fight, and out of the main event on Versus, he will no longer be with the UFC.”

Last edited 6/25/11 5:53PM server time by ncordless

Post #9   6/25/11 5:49:13PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
This is a potential career-ender. Sure, Nate would be able to make a living in smaller promotions, and Dana's definitely made some hasty decisions in the past.

Really looking forward to seeing more details about this because, uh, goddamn.

Last edited 6/25/11 6:05PM server time by isk

Post #10   6/25/11 6:04:46PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Marquardt is a solid gate keeper. It is a shame he has been let go. I am sure the insights of this matter will unfold shortly but before it does, let us not be too judgmental.

Post #11   6/25/11 7:00:22PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
As more and more is coming out about this, I'm really leaning towards it being something much more than weight. Mike Chiappetta is dropping some of these bombs on Twitter. I'll post them from earliest to latest.

MikeChiappetta Mike Chiappetta MMA:
It is my understanding this was a weight thing. Nate's team felt he would make it, PA officials didn't. Waiting for more clarification.

I don't know if there's anything beyond that in terms of why Dana cut Nate. Details are slow to leak out so far.

Will pass along any other details if/when I get them. As others mentioned it's very unlikely he was cut just for weight issues. #NateGate

My buddy @ekc was filming Nate's weight cut and said it was going "absurdly easy." More evidence it's something else. #NateGate

Post #12   6/25/11 7:03:39PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

As more and more is coming out about this, I'm really leaning towards it being something much more than weight. Mike Chiappetta is dropping some of these bombs on Twitter. I'll post them from earliest to latest.

It is my understanding this was a weight thing. Nate's team felt he would make it, PA officials didn't. Waiting for more clarification.

I don't know if there's anything beyond that in terms of why Dana cut Nate. Details are slow to leak out so far.

Will pass along any other details if/when I get them. As others mentioned it's very unlikely he was cut just for weight issues. #NateGate

My buddy @ekc was filming Nate's weight cut and said it was going "absurdly easy." More evidence it's something else. #NateGate

think there's any chance Dana is just jumping the gun & changes his mind?

Post #13   6/25/11 7:12:37PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

think there's any chance Dana is just jumping the gun & changes his mind?

Here's the deal, I just got a job as a sports columnist for a website that shall remain nameless due to site rules, I cover USC and UFC for them. Everything I am finding out is indicating that it's something more than weight issues, but here's what I believe.

If it's not because of something bigger than weight:

-Dana is pissed because of everything that was surrounding Nate with this fight, the Spike marathon, etc..and Nate had plenty of time to make this cut, if the RUMOR is true that he was tipping 182, I can understand this cut. That's inexcusable.

If it's something more than weight.

-duh, it's a no brainer, with the hype and circumstances surrounding this fight, if Nate did something more harmful to his career, the rapid-fire makes sense.

Post #14   6/25/11 7:24:11PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
failed drug test for sure, whoops

Post #15   6/25/11 7:52:11PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4