Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

new article from cbssportsline

Print  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
here is a response from the guy who wrote the anti-mma article, its too bad the way some fans responded no one deserves to hear some of the things he did....hes still a douche though

here

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 5/4/07 3:14PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   5/4/07 2:45:59PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
i wish people would just ignore him he is just trying to make a name for himself by hopping on the mma bandwagon

Post #2   5/4/07 3:13:50PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
Well he is still a douche.But when you can pick and choose responses It is easy to make the opposition look silly.Many MMA fighters come from wrestling or submission wrestling backgrounds.He never puts those down(probaly bc they are not a threat and not as exciting as MMA.)Nor does he put down kickboxing,K1 is much more exciting then normal boxing IMHO.Why? Because then he would seem hypocritical.MMA fighters have varied backgrounds including boxing(Chris Lytle for example).Intergrateing a style or styles against other styles is what MMA is all about.It is exciting and I am a lifelong fan.Also it is much less brutal then boxing.I like boxing but I love MMA.These type of people just hate that their sport became so absurb and now they have to hate on something else because it has become more poular.Closing I would like to say I hope Mayweather gets dominated for six or so rounds followed by a brutal KO!

Post #3   5/4/07 3:22:13PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
Response sent to Mike Freeman

I'm more dismayed that you are aloud to write a article with so many items wrong with it than your uninformed thoughts on MMA. MMA has World Champion and gold medal winners in Judo, Wrestling, BJJ, Sambo, and various other sports. They have participants like Rich Franklin a former math teacher with a Masters degree in Education and a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Cincinnati. Hardly a thug or bouncer. Maybe you should look at Randy Coture. Before entering the UFC, Randy Couture served in the U.S. Army from 1982–1988. Upon discharge, he was a three-time Olympic team alternate (1988, 1992 and 1996); a semifinalist at the 2000 Olympic Trials; a three-time National Collegiate Athletic Association D-I All-American; and a two-time NCAA finalist. Mirko Filipoviæ (born on September 10, 1974), often billed as Mirko Cro Cop, is a Croatian law enforcement officer turned kickboxer turned mixed martial artist. His professional name comes from his membership in the Croatian police's Anti-Terrorist Group, hence "Cro(atian) Cop". Those are just a couple of examples of guys you classified as common thugs and ruffians. Maybe i should play your game. With you comments you sound like your against the fine men and women who make up our armed forces if you classify Randy Coture that way. Maybe your just Pro-Terrorism with your slander of a Anti-Terrorism officer. I doubt you are either of those things. You just seem to be a columnist who is more interested in the sensational than actual facts. I doubt i will see this email in your reply as it isn't hand selected by you to further your agenda. I doubt i will get anything in response but to attack my grammer and spelling. I can live with that. I of course am not a national columnist with a responsibility to the facts.

We'll see what he responds if anything.

Last edited 5/4/07 4:27PM server time by dstlvb

Post #4   5/4/07 4:23:34PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i sent him an email today and when he wrote the first article, doubt ill get a response either, but if nothing else maybe we can make him see that every fan isnt racist or bloodthirsty(although theres worse things than liking to see a little bleeding in a match)

Post #5   5/4/07 4:32:41PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
nice post , but I really think that the more attention he gets, the more often cbssportsline gives him articles... We should just let him fade away...........

your ideas were dead on.

Post #6   5/4/07 4:51:15PM   

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
Holy frikken bejesus . . . that's all I can think to say.

Class? Tact? Who threw the rules out the window? Does Mike Freeman have any sense of responsibility? Does he realize he is coming off just as bad as his more ignorant mailers?

I'm embarrassed for both sides.

Last edited 5/4/07 5:36PM server time by hcazlekker

Post #7   5/4/07 5:29:49PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
this guy is a fool and it's not a surprise that people reacted but that just gives him the ammo he needs to continue slagging off mma..
this is the email i've just sent to him although i dont think it will get a response but we'll see

i read your article and i dont approve of all the racist and homophobic comments that you recieved but that was the reason you wrote such an ill informed article like that wasen't it?

you clearly diden't base any of what you wrote on facts you just stated your clueless opinion knowing full well that you would provoke that kind of reaction from certain people.

it's not a surprise that you diden't put up one email that actually contradicted you in any way and please dont insult our intelligence by saying that you diden't recieve any as that would just be a lie.

if you want to find out what kind of people watch mma then go to forum websites like mmaplayground.com or sherdog.com and base your opinions on facts and not fiction and don't tar all mma fans with the same brush.

if you had slagged boxing or football off like that you would have got the same reaction from a minority of people unfortunately that's life and not just mma.

Post #8   5/4/07 5:56:11PM   

LoSt

Learning to Sprawl

LoSt Avatar

Career:348-186
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Im working on one currently I actually might make this into a paper for my english class so hopefully it wont get written too late...

Post #9   5/4/07 6:02:42PM   

MisFiT

In Full Mount

Career:33-24
Chips:
So what rere used racist stuff and spelled wrong? Dont make us look worse than we are already made out to be. Goddamn man whoever did that are dumbasses. You dont go sayin shit like that, its cool to express your anger and whatever, but dont go calling him racist names and everything. Thats really a negative point against us. People seeing what they assume is all fans of the UFC, etc. saying things like that will have a very negative impact on us and set us back further than ever. Think before you go and do shit like that.

Last edited 5/4/07 6:20PM server time by MisFiT

Post #10   5/4/07 6:12:26PM   

enjoi

Learning to Sprawl

Career:73-27
Camp: DODHeartsMMA
Chips:
Seriously there was ALOT of bad grammar, spelling and punctuation in those emails. Although that guy is still a f*cking moron.

Last edited 5/4/07 6:32PM server time by enjoi

Post #11   5/4/07 6:31:54PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
This is my second e-mail to him:

I sent you a e-mail that wasn't full of misspellings nor profanity. I know that there were plenty of others. But instead, you decided to show the ones that were full of ignorance and racism. Great move. You can dislike MMA all you want. That's your choice. But to me, when you decide to write a piece on something, you would atleast take the time to learn a little about it. MMA, and the UFC in particular, is full of college graduates. Degrees in accounting, history, english etc. Rick Franklin was a High School Math teacher. Ron Waterman is a High School Art teacher. Chuck Liddell as a accounting degree. Randy Coutre has a degree in History and served in the military. Shonie Carter was in the marines for 8 years. Matt Lindland was a Silver Medalist in the Olympics. Rulan Garnder won the Gold Medal. The list goes on and on. Instead of seeing that, you decided to disrespect all those in the UFC as thugs and ex-cons. I would think that pride in what you do would force you to be honest and upfront in whatever profession you choose. But I guess it means nothing to you to try and get a chuckle at someone else's expense to get your point across.

Feel free to print this in your next column. I know you won't.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #12   5/4/07 6:40:25PM   

DevMahon

MMA Regular

DevMahon Avatar

Career:779-401
Chips:
I'm sure those e-mails were randomly selected to give a good cross-section of the many that I'm sure he recieved. They obviously weren't picked because they were the worst, in terms of both grammar and logic, so that Mike could make himself look like a genius for pointing out how stupid all of us MMA fans are.

It's good to know that because I like MMA, I am a useless thug, little better than a common criminal. I shouldn't have wasted my time getting my degree. I like MMA; I'm just going to end up in jail anyway.

Post #13   5/4/07 7:15:29PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
i find it funny how he picked the worst messages possible to portray as mma fans...i also sent him a message....he is such a dumbass

Post #14   5/4/07 7:30:05PM   

shajedaskor

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Theres a new site launching for mma fans all around the world. With the help of roger gracie, it is due to launch pretty soon.

http://www.aggrezzion.com

sign up to the mailing list to be notified of the launch, help spread the sports..

Any feedback from fans will be appreciated, on the features you'll like to see added to this mixed martial arts portal, or general ideas you may have?..

Post #15   5/5/07 6:52:38AM