Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jorge Rivera Talks Possible Retirement, Michael Bisping

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC middleweight Jorge Rivera might be near the end of the line. The 39-year-old veteran is coming off a loss to Michael Bisping, and his thoughts are apparently creeping towards retirement. He spoke to the Boston Herald about his ten-year MMA career and what might happen with his career after his fight with Alessio Sakara at UFC 133:

"I've been thinking that this might be the last fight. I'm going to give it all I've got," Rivera said. "The last fight left me kind of flat. Other than being sick of fighting, I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm getting to 40-years-old now. I don't want to be taking unnecessary blows to the head. I want to come out with a W and maybe take one or two big fights and then I'm done."

LINK

Post #1   6/21/11 8:55:21PM   

Patchedup15

MMA Regular

Patchedup15 Avatar

Career:495-373
Chips:
Good, Rivera annoyed me and i think he's vastly overrated. IN NO WAY do i condone Bispings post fight actions.. He was going to lose that fight long before the illegal knee, and is a fighter who makes attention for himself and can't back it up.

Post #2   7/17/11 3:11:01PM