Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

CSAC overturns Tachi Palace 9's DeJesus vs. Miura to no-decision

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The California State Athletic Commission has overturned Isaac DeJesus' Tachi Palace Fights 9 win over Russ Miura to a no-decision.

DeJesus scored a first-round TKO at the May event but was flagged for marijuana in a post-fight drug test.

The decision to overturn the victory was made at Monday's CSAC hearing in Van Nuys, Calif.

LINK

Post #1   6/21/11 2:47:42PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
So stupid. I get a supension and a fine but if a fighter is doing something that is going to harm himself and in no way is going to harm the other fighter why on earth should he not have that win on his record. Even more why should the loser not have a loss on his.

Post #2   6/21/11 3:37:01PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

So stupid. I get a supension and a fine but if a fighter is doing something that is going to harm himself and in no way is going to harm the other fighter why on earth should he not have that win on his record. Even more why should the loser not have a loss on his.

Impeccably well said sir.

In the United States, we are taught that drugs are for losers, especially marijuana. They are supposed to make you bad at everything you do. It's supposed to ruin your memory, reaction time, cognizance, et cetera.

One thing it is not supposed to do is make you a winner. So when we have decisions like this, where athletic commissions overturn results of decisive fights, it sets a double standard.

If you use drugs, you are a loser, and you will fail, they say on the one hand. But if you beat some dude up and you have weed in your system, it made you impervious to pain and a better fighter.

And let me say, pot does NOT increase your pain threshold. Adrenaline does though, and every fighter in MMA is under the influence. It doesn't matter what drug you could be on, when that adrenaline hits, that's all you feel.

Let's cut the crap. If you want to believe the propaganda of this country, then the winner of that fight should have gotten a bonus prize for TKO'ing the other dude with weed in his system.

Also, weed can stay in your system anywhere from two weeks to three months, and as such, it is impossible to tell if someone is under the influence at any given moment.

Post #3   6/21/11 5:16:39PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:

Posted by postman

Agreed. This whole thing is bs. That win should have never been overturned or even fought to be overturned.

Post #4   6/21/11 5:54:23PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by postman

could you imagine if Michael Phelps had to give up his 7 gold medals?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   6/21/11 11:44:11PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,399
Chips:
Political conservatives damaging the career of another young talent due to a drug they really dont understand whatsoever.

Post #6   6/22/11 1:12:15PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Political conservatives damaging the career of another young talent due to a drug they really dont understand whatsoever.

Actually, the guy knows/knew it was illegal when he smoked it. It's ultimately his own fault for not being able to practice a little restraint.

Maybe he should take this "career" of his a bit more seriously...

Post #7   6/22/11 1:19:36PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Franklinfan47

Actually, the guy knows/knew it was illegal when he smoked it. It's ultimately his own fault for not being able to practice a little restraint.

Maybe he should take this "career" of his a bit more seriously...

Granted, it just seems silly to me that if it helps him with pain or whatever, he isnt allowed to do it. Its in no way a performance-enhancing drug. They did the same thing to Diaz when he beat Gomi.

Post #8   6/22/11 1:25:35PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Granted, it just seems silly to me that if it helps him with pain or whatever, he isnt allowed to do it. Its in no way a performance-enhancing drug. They did the same thing to Diaz when he beat Gomi.

No, but it *is* an illegal drug and CSAC *is* a government agency. It simply can't be overlooked.

Post #9   6/22/11 1:29:05PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Franklinfan47

No, but it *is* an illegal drug and CSAC *is* a government agency. It simply can't be overlooked.

Right, but my argument is that any athletic comissions' authority should only be bearing involving drugs which are performance-enhancing, and thus had some sort of impact on the outcome of the fight. If drugs like marijuana are found in an athlete's blood, by all means charge them within the full extent of the law, like any other "criminal", but why damage their records? The CSAC shouldnt have that kind of jurisdiction imo

Post #10   6/22/11 1:44:01PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Right, but my argument is that any athletic comissions' authority should only be bearing involving drugs which are performance-enhancing, and thus had some sort of impact on the outcome of the fight. If drugs like marijuana are found in an athlete's blood, by all means charge them within the full extent of the law, like any other "criminal", but why damage their records? The CSAC shouldnt have that kind of jurisdiction imo

Yeah, I just don't think it's as black and white in terms of being a performance enhancing drug like some people claim or argue but that's neither here nor there. Weed affects people in different ways. I was always the laid back fatass who liked to watch TV or play video games. At the same time, I also had/have friends that act(ed) like they've just snorted a line of coke when all they've done is smoke a joint.

When you're under the influence of weed (and I'm not saying he was at the time of the fight...I'm just saying) your judgement is skewed and the decisions you make aren't always the wisest. I've done some stupid sh*t and made stupid choices when I was rocked and I'm sure this DeJesus character has as well. Making the wrong choice/decision in a cage (that could potentially cause serious injury or even death) under the watchful eye of a government agency in a sport that's begging for legitimacy...well, it makes sense to me, anyways.

Again...this kid controlled his own destiny from the get-go. I can't have any sympathy for him and his "damaged" record. He should man up, accept the consequences and work on making people forget it ever happened.

Last edited 6/22/11 2:50PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #11   6/22/11 2:00:22PM