Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Josh Barnett's Licensing Issues Likely to Keep Grand Prix Out of California

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,636-993
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
DALLAS -- Just minutes after wrapping up the quarterfinals of the heavyweight Grand Prix, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker was already discussing plans for the semifinal round, which he said would take place some time early this fall.

As far as where the event will go down, that's a trickier question, but Coker added, "We're open to anything."

Anything, that is, except the state of California, where semifinal participant Josh Barnett is still not licensed.

Article

Post #1   6/19/11 1:42:47PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
we're not going going back back to cali cali

Post #2   6/19/11 3:05:07PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
This is what pisses me off, the CSAC is indefinitely punishing Sonnen and StrikeForce and other State Athletic Commissions are completely ignoring the fact that Barney has issues and they're just working "around it."

It's a bunch of garbage to me. There needs to be continuity in rulings.

Post #3   6/19/11 8:25:26PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:540-338
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is what pisses me off, the CSAC is indefinitely punishing Sonnen and StrikeForce and other State Athletic Commissions are completely ignoring the fact that Barney has issues and they're just working "around it."

What bugs me is when fans dont look at the merits of each case individually and try to justify a one shoe fits all approach, complete Bullsh*t IMO.

Also Barnett has contested the very shoddy testing used, lets not forget Sherk had experts testify on his behalf and they just shut him down. Really if you dont know the controversy you should look it up, Barnett IMO was Railroaded.

Post #4   6/19/11 9:05:49PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

What bugs me is when fans dont look at the merits of each case individually and try to justify a one shoe fits all approach, complete Bullsh*t IMO.

Also Barnett has contested the very shoddy testing used, lets not forget Sherk had experts testify on his behalf and they just shut him down. Really if you dont know the controversy you should look it up, Barnett IMO was Railroaded.

I'm well aware of the controversy, but you're saying Barnett was railroaded and Sonnen wasn't. Sonnen was as well. He provided legitimate medical documentation and he was shutdown as well. The CSAC didn't want to hear him anymore than they wanted to hear Barnett or Sherk.

The difference between Sonnen and Barnett, is that Sonnen can't get licensed anywhere and Barnett has been enjoying the opportunity to make a living.

Post #5   6/19/11 9:21:22PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I thought about that when they annouced the bracket
That barnett wouldn't fight in cali
Strikeforce can go to columbus ohio again, and a few other places

Post #6   6/20/11 10:26:49AM