Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Unapologetic Barnett comfortable with Strikeforce win, looking forward to Kharitonov

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
DALLAS – Strikeforce heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem wasn't the only recipient of boos this past Saturday at "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum."

Josh Barnett (30-5 MMA, 1-0 SF) did as well, though for a completely different reason.

After proving early on that he was completely in a different league than Brett Rogers (11-3 MMA, 2-3 SF) in the quarterfinals of the promotion's heavyweight grand prix, he caught flack because he didn't finish the fight in the first round.

Instead, he finished in the second when Rogers tapped to an arm-triangle choke.

Boo him? Oh well.

Article

Post #1   6/19/11 10:41:55AM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
not the biggest fan of Barnett, personality, and professional wise, but I love watching him fight, and I enjoyed it

Post #2   6/19/11 1:32:45PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,449-880
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Barnett seems like an alright guy. Pretty funny, good fighter. Knows how to market himself.

If he were my buddy, and we were in the bar, or we were at the metal concert, I'd have his back. But as a professional fighter.... I can't stand behind him, sadly. I am one of the disappearing few that believes PED's are bad for pro sports.

Last edited 6/19/11 2:44PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/19/11 2:27:41PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,456-896
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I'm with you on PEDs, That's also why I can't support Barnett as a fighter. I believe that PEDs are bad for sports, and I ESPECIALLY believe they are bad for combat sports. It's one thing to take steroids when you're playing baseball, and you're hitting a ball with a bat, which is still unacceptable, but when you're taking PEDs in a sport where your objective is to punch and kick your opponent. It's unacceptable, and unforgivable. There is only one person I have forgiven for testing positive, and that is Sean Sherk.

Post #4   6/19/11 5:02:10PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

I'm with you on PEDs, That's also why I can't support Barnett as a fighter. I believe that PEDs are bad for sports, and I ESPECIALLY believe they are bad for combat sports. It's one thing to take steroids when you're playing baseball, and you're hitting a ball with a bat, which is still unacceptable, but when you're taking PEDs in a sport where your objective is to punch and kick your opponent. It's unacceptable, and unforgivable. There is only one person I have forgiven for testing positive, and that is Sean Sherk.

Sherk is my one exception too. Good call. Tried to props but I gotta spread the love.

I just hope Sherk isn't just a really good liar and has me fooled.

Post #5   6/20/11 12:02:14AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i was also pissed he didnt finish him in the first round. gahhhh that was my prediction! then that pompous Mauro gets all happy because he predicted that.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #6   6/20/11 2:39:19PM