Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Does anybody question Dos Santos's power now?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Never questioned it after what I saw him do to werdum in chicago

Post #16   6/19/11 8:14:06PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
JDS is Vitor at heavyweight, he hits you quick and is very accurate once he hurts you. We all know he plays it safe sometimes and he's not as explosive after the first round, but c'mon he's smart enough to get the W and respect his opponents for the danger that they represent.

Post #17   6/19/11 10:07:00PM   

Coreytron

Learning to Sprawl

Career:32-23
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by kingsmasher

Hilarious!!!

JDS would lose to Overeem but I agree with Mir..cain takes them all...best chin cardio and best we3ll rounded...by far best wrestler...Look at this...Carwin almost foiled Brock but Brock subbed carwin....carwin goes the distance with JDS.... Cain utterly destroys Brock to a point it aint even a fight...

So who you got? Put your money where your mouth is...Overeem beats JDS cause hes got a chin and leg kicks...With JDS its obvious...Hes so high on his hands and striking he thinks he can win...Has no other even worry about rounding out his game...

Come on man let's be serious here, haven't you learn MMA math doesn't work especially when you picked Carwin over Junior? And I never said anything about Junior beating anybody in particular just that people shouldn't say his power is overrated.

And also if Overeem proved anything last night it's that he's human and he's been knocked out several times in the past. Even by Sergei who's in this tournament also right now. All is might have shown is if you survived the 1st round your chances of beating him increase and if Junior hits them with those same shots Werdum did, Overem would fold as he's done in the past several times. Chin and Cardio have always been his demise. Not saying their bad but their not his best assets by far.

And just saying, not to take anything away from Overeem, winning the K-1 tournament is an amazing achievement by any man but he by far didn't have the hardest road. His first opponent was game but wasn't at the level of Peter Aerts or Semmy, and they beat the hell out of each other in a war, then an hour or so later battered Aerts fought a lot fresher Overeem.

MMA works all day long...how do you think odds makers make the odds...If it was based on style matchups..stylistically Carwin should of been the favorite...

I picked Carwin really based on hope he would actually fight the fight he shoulda fought..I didnt put a wager on him by no means...i thoguht about it...and remembered back to what his trainer said in the Brock fight about beginning of second round when Brock winked and trevor said I knew we were in trouble...If I am a fighter I personally would not want that kind of train of thought around me and if it was he should never of stated it....but from Carwin...Instead he showed his Takedowns are in no way worthy of mentioning...He had JDS against the fence exactly where he should want him but threw nothing...Then stands in front of a jab the rest of the fight....I gave them too much credit for being a close camp to Greg Jackson....In all honesty I would like to know exactly what the game plan was...Cause what was displayed was not a winning game plan to beat JDS but more like a win on a silver platter...

Honestly, there was NO way Carwin could win that fight. It was apparent when he couldn't keep JDS down. Sure, he's got some power, but JDS has a combination of power and speed that we've never seen and shouldn't have suddenly expected to see from Carwin. Shane is a tough out, obviously, but JDS wasn't gonna punch himself out when he knew he was that much better than his opponent and didnt need to.

Post #18   6/20/11 10:23:58AM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
i never did, i knew he hit hard

Post #19   6/26/11 2:37:00PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2