Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

So how would Antonio Bigfoot Silva do against the ufc HW Elite?

Print  
Posted By Message

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I really like bigfoot and i was just curious 2 see how the playground thinks he would fare in the ufc.

I would take Cain and Jds over him 4 sure, but other than that im not 2 sure.
I think bigfoot against brock and carwin are toss ups but i actually might favor bigfoot a little in those 2. I think he could handle mir, nelson, and schaub as well.

Curious 2 see your guys feedback, cant wait until the ufc has the strikeforce hw's.

Post #1   6/17/11 5:02:57PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,585-904
Chips:
I think he would beat Carwin, Rothwell, Hunt, Schaub, Nelson, Kongo, Barry, & Crocop.
Not sure about Lesnar, Nog & Mir.
Def not on JDS or Cain's level.

Post #2   6/17/11 5:11:08PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think Bigfoot would be a contender and possible champ, depending who he faces and how he progresses.

Post #3   6/17/11 5:20:53PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
Tough question. He's got good size for a HW and it's not like he's really slow and overwhelmed with muscle. Could be a force but I don't see him ever being champ.

Post #4   6/17/11 5:23:23PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Tough question. He's got good size for a HW and it's not like he's really slow and overwhelmed with muscle. Could be a force but I don't see him ever being champ.

totally agree, i dont see him winning a belt, but he will be a tough fight 4 anybody

Post #5   6/17/11 5:30:57PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I would put him as the fourth best in the ufc if he were there, behind Carwin, Dos Santos, and Velasquez.

Post #6   6/17/11 5:47:45PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Well who is "UFC Elite" thats kinda weird since more top 10s come from SF

Anyway i think he'd beat everyone outside JDS and Cain in zuffa pretty handily

Post #7   6/17/11 6:33:33PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I don't understand when or how Cain became "unbeatable," but I definitely think that Bigfoot could beat Cain on any given night. How many people had him beating Fedor and he pounded Fedor's face into hamburger meat. Silva is a very game opponent with some serious skills. He's got 3 blackbelts and uses them all very well. Not to mention he's absolutely enormous.

I'd give him a shot against anyone in the UFC, Velasquez included.

Post #8   6/17/11 7:46:01PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't understand when or how Cain became "unbeatable," but I definitely think that Bigfoot could beat Cain on any given night. How many people had him beating Fedor and he pounded Fedor's face into hamburger meat. Silva is a very game opponent with some serious skills. He's got 3 blackbelts and uses them all very well. Not to mention he's absolutely enormous.

I'd give him a shot against anyone in the UFC, Velasquez included.

Big Foot has been sparked out before and rocked a couple times. I'm sure if Carwin lands one of them bombs it's night night.

I think he'd be a contender but I don't see him ever getting a title shot. I think Sergei or Overeem will spark him out of this competition, he better hope Barnett looks old against Rogers or that Rogers pulls the upset.

Post #9   6/17/11 10:12:17PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Silva was the one under hyped fighter out of EliteXC. He's well rounded and he's a legitimate super heavyweight, his biggest flaw is that he sometimes leaves his jaw exposed and that is a big no-no against the top tier fighters. He's capable of beating anybody and is capable of being a champion but I doubt he'll ever put a long winning streak together against top tier talent.

Post #10   6/17/11 10:31:36PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Silva has never truly been Knocked out, and i personally dont think anyone has the power to push that guys chin beyond its limits. Its just too ******* fortified and thick.

I absolutely would take Bigfoot over Lesnar or Carwin. In a heartbeat.

The Mir's, Kongo's, Nogueira's, and Schaub's dont stand a chance IMO

Post #11   6/17/11 11:54:48PM   

MriIlluminati

Learning to Sprawl

MriIlluminati Avatar

Career:49-30
Chips:
I think the UFC and Strikeforce HW divisions are about equal in talent so I put Bigfoot in there with any top 5 UFC HW holding his own

Post #12   6/18/11 12:38:40AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
id say a gate keeper at best. i think he would lose to any ufc top 3, whoever it is at this time, its kinda sketchy with lesnars stomach deal

Post #13   6/18/11 9:44:21PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'd say top 3-5 easily. I don't see guys like Mir,Carwin,Nelson,Lesnar,or Kongo taking him out but I would like to see him fight a guy like Meathead.

Taking on JDS or Cain would be an interesting challenge for Bigfoot.
I don't think JDS could knock him out fast and I don't know if he could keep bigfoot from taking him down either. Tough one to call but I think JDS would have to keep extremely busy the entire fight. The hard thing about calling fights like this is,we've never really seen JDS or Cain bullied in the cage. We really don't know how they'll fair when they're stuck on the defensive side of things and that could be a huge mental deterrent for any fighter.

Post #14   6/19/11 7:48:34AM   

KTFOd

Learning to Sprawl

Career:54-24
Chips:
I think Bigfoot would do exceptionally well. I think he knows how to use his size to his advantage. We saw this in the fedor and Kyle fight. His striking i think needs some work, but other than that he is very well rounded. I'm also picking him as the winner of the GP. I have a feeling he will knock off Overeem.

Post #15   6/20/11 3:04:58PM