Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC's newest HW - Stipe Miocic

Print  
Posted By Message

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,117-1,258
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
The UFC has just added a new prospect to the somewhat thinning HW division, and it was a great pickup on their part. This new addition is a wrecking ball and the rest of the division needs to take notice.

quick facts-

amateur record- 5-0 (all KO/TKOS)
pro record- 6- 0 (all KO/TKOS)
height- 6'4
weight- 240 (and growing)
fighting out of: cleveland, oh
background: Div 1 NCAA wrestling standout, Golden Gloves Champion, and currently an EMT.

Stipe has a cool, and composed demeanor in the ring, constantly stalking his opponent, cutting off the cage, and methodically picking his prey apart and taking advantages of any opening they give him.

He has some of the heaviest hands in the division, and is adding kicks to the arsenal as well..winning his last fight (title fight) by submission due to legkick.

If you have any questions about Stipe, feel free to ask. I have the pleasure of seeing him train every week at Strongstyle MMA and could probably give you a little more insight into the next HW superstar.

super humble, great sense of humor, and an incredibly hardworking fighter.

Post #1   6/16/11 5:42:58PM   

Aleks_Smash

MMA Regular

Aleks_Smash Avatar

Career:694-497
Camp: Surfers
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

The UFC has just added a new prospect to the somewhat thinning HW division, and it was a great pickup on their part. This new addition is a wrecking ball and the rest of the division needs to take notice.

quick facts-

amateur record- 5-0 (all KO/TKOS)
pro record- 6- 0 (all KO/TKOS)
height- 6'4
weight- 240 (and growing)
fighting out of: cleveland, oh
background: Div 1 NCAA wrestling standout, Golden Gloves Champion, and currently an EMT.

Stipe has a cool, and composed demeanor in the ring, constantly stalking his opponent, cutting off the cage, and methodically picking his prey apart and taking advantages of any opening they give him.

He has some of the heaviest hands in the division, and is adding kicks to the arsenal as well..winning his last fight (title fight) by submission due to legkick.

If you have any questions about Stipe, feel free to ask. I have the pleasure of seeing him train every week at Strongstyle MMA and could probably give you a little more insight into the next HW superstar.

super humble, great sense of humor, and an incredibly hardworking fighter.

Dude is baked in that photo

Post #2   6/16/11 6:17:48PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Chips:
haha not baked, just being a goof...which he is known for doing around the gym.

you never know what to expect when you walk in and Stipe is there,

Post #3   6/16/11 6:23:20PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,681-939
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Don't mean to bust your balls. But, I want to watch the guy fight, not date em.

But seriously.. I wouldn't say he has the heaviest hands in the division before his first fight.. Not with guys like Dos Santos and Carwin waiting.. And I don't recognize anyone on his record..

EDIT: Oh! You said SOME of the heaviest hands. My bad. haha. Well, we will just see about that!

Last edited 6/16/11 7:00PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/16/11 6:58:24PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Chips:
yeah he may not have THE heaviest hands, but he definitely hits hard and is good at picking his shots

and I agree he hasnt beat any top guys yet...but thats partially because when they try to set him up with better guys they back out. he fought in april and Mike Wessel and Chase Gormley both signed on to fight him, and then backed out shortly after...leaving him Herc as an opponent (the guy in the gif). His last opponent Bob Brents held a win over SF vet Jason Riley and was on like a 6 fight winstreak leading into this fight, so thats atleast somewhat legit..

here are a few of his fights that I could find online..

the first 2 were from earlier in his career....and the last one, was the semi-finals of the NAAFS HWGP (which he ended up winning earlier this month)

Stipe vs Turko

Stipe vs Mullis

Stipe Semi-Finals

Post #5   6/16/11 7:16:09PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,378-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I didn't see the next great HW, but I did see some heavy hands. I don't think he will make much noise early but he does have a decent starting base. Kind of reminds me of a stronger slower Arlovski lots of things but it just doesn't seem to flow natural. Hope he has a great career.

Post #6   6/16/11 7:48:57PM   

Makaveli158

Learning to Sprawl

Makaveli158 Avatar

Career:387-311
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:
I seen Stipe fight on tv watching NAAFS once a few months back and was impressed. I had no idea he would be signing with the UFC soon though. He certainly has my interest now. He's from Independence, OH and wrestled at CSU. I have a friend who wrestles at CSU and I'm from Ohio also, a couple hours away from Independence. Although I don't know him, it gives your a sense of pride to see a fighter do well who's close to your area. Can't wait to see him in the octagon.

Edit: I want to add, he also reminds me of Crocop with his style.... or maybe its just his name! haha

Last edited 6/16/11 9:35PM server time by makaveli158
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   6/16/11 9:33:20PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Makaveli158

I seen Stipe fight on tv watching NAAFS once a few months back and was impressed. I had no idea he would be signing with the UFC soon though. He certainly has my interest now. He's from Independence, OH and wrestled at CSU. I have a friend who wrestles at CSU and I'm from Ohio also, a couple hours away from Independence. Although I don't know him, it gives your a sense of pride to see a fighter do well who's close to your area. Can't wait to see him in the octagon.

Edit: I want to add, he also reminds me of Crocop with his style.... or maybe its just his name! haha

Stipe also wrestled and played baseball at CSU

Post #8   6/16/11 9:36:17PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ufc needs to add a couple new heavyweights
Einemo, herman, rosa is a start

Post #9   6/16/11 10:11:18PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Chips:
now that SM has a couple fights in the octagon, what are your guys thoughts on him?

Post #10   3/30/12 1:03:10AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,853-1,062
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

now that SM has a couple fights in the octagon, what are your guys thoughts on him?

I think he is a very good talent. A little smallish, but more than athletic enough to make up for it. He will only go as far as his striking defense improves though, you can't get to the top of the HW division leaving your chin wide open like he does.

Post #11   3/30/12 4:47:41AM