Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Injuries scratch Antwain Britt vs. Danillo Villefort from Strikeforce Challengers 16

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Injuries have forced the cancellation of a Antwain Britt (11-5 MMA, 1-2 SF) vs. Danillo Villefort (13-3 MMA, 0-0 SF) bout planned for this month's Strikeforce Challengers 16 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker that both middleweights sustained injuries

LINK

Post #1   6/15/11 4:09:55PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Injuries have forced the cancellation of a Antwain Britt (11-5 MMA, 1-2 SF) vs. Danillo Villefort (13-3 MMA, 0-0 SF) bout planned for this month's Strikeforce Challengers 16 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker that both middleweights sustained injuries

LINK

They're not going to be happy with their ticket sales for this event. Last time they came to Kent, WA for a Challengers series they brought 11 fights featuring Bang Ludwig, Lyle Beerbohm, Dennis Hallman, Bryan Caraway, Luke Rockhold, Cory Devela, Jorge Gurgel, Conor Heun, Tim Kennedy, Nick Thompson, Joey Villasenor, Cyborg, etc.

This time they bring only 8 fights with infinitely less "name" drawing power, that will probably all make the Showtime broadcast which can be found streaming for free like always. If even someone like me is leaning against going and it's 15 minutes from me; I can't imagine this event will be successful at all.

Last edited 6/15/11 6:08PM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/15/11 6:07:45PM   

LuckyCharms

Standup Guy

LuckyCharms Avatar

Career:502-385
Chips:
Damn, this sucks. I was looking forward to this fight b/c Danillo Villefort was my coach. And now I heard a rumor about his younger brother, Yuri Villefort whose absolute monster and I feel will be a legit threat in the welterweight division in the near future, also drop out of the event too.

Post #3   6/15/11 8:09:37PM