Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rick Story on Fighting Nate Marquardt on Short Notice: 'No Hesitation'

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,491-903
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Rick Story hadn't even yet gotten over the soreness of his May 28 win over Thiago Alves when the phone rang. On the other end was an offer to fight Nate Marquardt, a former middleweight No. 1 contender who was dropping down to welterweight and in need of an opponent after originally scheduled foe Anthony Johnson was forced out.

The proposed fight at UFC on Versus 4 would come with less than a month to recover, study and prepare. For some, the answer would have been a simple no. For others, they would have needed some time to think it over. But for story, the question to fight on short notice might as well have been a rhetorical one.

Article

Post #1   6/14/11 7:41:16PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This is what I love about Story. Dude is a fighter, if there was ever a definition of one. Most guys would have taken time off to recover, but Rick recognized an opportunity and jumped all over it without hesitation. I'm sure Dana loves this guy and would love 10 more like him in the UFC.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   6/14/11 10:09:22PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He's a smart kid and he's growing on me. Taking this fight is a no brainer. A win here is going to throw him into the very top of the division. He's already in shape, he didn't take a ton of damage in his last fight and it's a decent style match up for him.

Fitch would have a tough time turning down this fight if Story can beat Marquardt. Hell if Story can somehow finish Marquardt impressively I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the next shot.

Post #3   6/15/11 2:23:20PM