Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brendan Schaub Believes a Win Over Nogueira Will Make Him Number One Contender

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Beating two guys that should have never been in the ufc
Then a gate keeper and two pride legends not in their prime won't make you number one contender

But I do think him vs meat head needs to happen

Post #16   6/14/11 11:47:13AM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,099-666
Chips:
After Schaub beats Nogueira I hope he fights Mir. Then the winner should face Brock for #1 contender-status. I think Mir would end Schaub's run thoough and get smashed by Brock again but it would all be fun to watch.

Post #17   6/14/11 12:14:52PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by FastKnockout

Schaub is a joke. I can't take him seriously. Hope Big Nog rips one of his limbs off.

ok Big Nog as great as he was in Pride has not been a force in the UFC... how does beating someone that is not near the title get you a title shot?

it worked for Velasquez

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   6/14/11 1:32:46PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
If he gets past Nog and beats Mir next he'll be on a streak of Gonzaga, CroCop, Nog, Mir.

That's nothing to sneeze at, and scheduling could put him in that slot after JDS.

It could happen and wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. A lot depends on when Brock returns.

(If he wins in August) I wouldn't match him up with Carwin or Nelson next because they're coming off losses. Winners should fight winners as often as possible to ensure somebody is always at the head of the contender pack.

Post #19   6/14/11 1:35:19PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
what if the UFC brings over a SF HW? like someone who loses in the semis (ie Barnett vs Kharitonov loser or Bigfoot vs Uberrem/Werdum loser)?

and yes i have absolutely no doubt Barnett will beat Rogers

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   6/14/11 1:42:46PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Brendan's been listening to those Trevor Wittman Motivational CDs a bit too much.

"You are the best at overestimating yourself in the Octagon. Do you believe me when I tell you this?"

Post #21   6/14/11 2:04:43PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Brendan's been listening to those Trevor Wittman Motivational CDs a bit too much.

"You are the best at overestimating yourself in the Octagon. Do you believe me when I tell you this?"

Post #22   6/14/11 2:06:02PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,070-1,282
Chips:
I quote what the rest of you said...

Post #23   6/14/11 3:46:12PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I don't have anything really new to say so I will just add one more to the "no, just no" catagory.

Post #24   6/14/11 6:50:59PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't know... I agree that beating Nog won't do it. But it puts him one fight away, not two or three.

If he beats Nog and then Mir or Lesnar (I won't mention Carwin or Nelson. It would be dumb to give either of those fighters a tough fight while they're on losing streaks. We don't wanna lose um) then he would be the Number 1 Contender.

HW isn't that deep. He's got a good streak. This would be a win over another former great (and Gonzaga wasn't to bad at one time either). Plus sometimes you need to give a mid level guy a shot at the title to give the rest of the contenders time to sort out the division.

Post #25   6/14/11 11:40:03PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

I don't know... I agree that beating Nog won't do it. But it puts him one fight away, not two or three.

If he beats Nog and then Mir or Lesnar (I won't mention Carwin or Nelson. It would be dumb to give either of those fighters a tough fight while they're on losing streaks. We don't wanna lose um) then he would be the Number 1 Contender.

HW isn't that deep. He's got a good streak. This would be a win over another former great (and Gonzaga wasn't to bad at one time either). Plus sometimes you need to give a mid level guy a shot at the title to give the rest of the contenders time to sort out the division.

a md level fighter should never get a shot just because the contenders are "sorting things out"

the thing is HW is kinda messed up right now... JDS and Cain are fighting next, but brock os out for a while, Carwin just got knocked down the ladder and there is no-one for Mir to fight for a title shot except guys below him on the ladder but i think Mir needs another win for a shot, there just is no-one there...

Post #26   6/14/11 11:57:10PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,636-993
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Brendan ******* Schaub....

First of all, his nickname is "The Hybrid". He should be disqualified from title contention based on his nickname alone.

Second, his only wins are against nobodies and people purely on the decline of their careers. And from what I recall, he wasn't even doing too good against Cro Cop before he caught him right behind the ******* ear... most anyone will go down getting hit in that area by a heavyweight.

Third, I don't know why everyone is writing off Nogueira here like he is not a legend in the sport. Sure, he lost to Cain and Mir, but those guys are no joke. Current and former champs. He beat Sylvia and Couture (both former multiple time champions). Based on that right there, I say his UFC record is more impressive at 2-2 than Schaub's record. The only person Schaub has beat who hasn't been cut by the UFC is Cro Cop, and he probably should have been cut. (sadly, for the record. Left leg cemetery )

Granted, Nog is clearly on the decline. But not like Gonzaga. Gonzaga was TKO'ed by Couture, Carwin, Werdum, and Junior Dos Santos before he fought Schaub. And Schaub took him to a decision.

Fourth, he needs another fight after this one if he wins. I don't think he will win, and even if he does, I am pretty sure he gets destroyed by anyone who isn't the lowest tier fighter the UFC has.

Give him Pee Wee after Nog! Then let's see what happens.

Post #27   6/15/11 12:14:08AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2