Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Shane Carwin Post Fight Blog

Print  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

I am back home now and wanted to post this blog and give everyone an update. Heading into the fight with Junior I knew that I was up against one of the best strikers in the division if not in MMA. He is powerful, accurate and as we saw on Saturday night he is able to take a punch to give a punch.

Regardless of the obstacle the opportunity was too great to pass up. As the fight started I just did not feel like myself, I wasn’t able to get my feet moving and Junior capitalized quickly.

As he was pummeling me I kept trying to find a way to defend myself so Herb would not stop the fight. Junior was landing solid shots and that is where probably he broke my nose.

Link to Rest

I thought this was a pretty good read, I'd pay to watch a Carwin fight regardless of title contention, I hope he's back soon.

Post #1   6/13/11 6:03:38PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I thought this was a pretty good read, I'd pay to watch a Carwin fight regardless of title contention, I hope he's back soon.

I hope he's back soon, too, but my fear is that he'll be out of action for 6-9 months if history is any indication when it comes to broken orbital bones (if his is indeed broken). He's not getting any younger, either.

Post #2   6/14/11 7:43:22AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
he got good props from Dana and others about having a lot of heart. He definitely showed it.

Post #3   6/14/11 10:15:53AM