Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 134: Anderson Silva motivated to defend Brazil against Yushin Okami on Aug. 27

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Keyword: motivated.

This is usually the issue when dealing with a fight genius like Anderson Silva. He's so far ahead of the rest of the class, he often gets himself in trouble for acting out.

Like the way he toyed with Patrick Cote before "The Predator" blew his knee out at UFC 90. Or how he laughed at Thales Leites and his feeble attempts at taking their fight to the floor at UFC 97.

The worst of it was his shuck and jive routine against Demian Maia at UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi. This performance was so embarrassing to Octagon boss Dana White, he literally threw the belt at Silva's manager, Ed Soares, and told him in so many words, "You f*cking put the belt on him."

Article

Post #1   6/13/11 4:20:32PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I think Silva will want to put on a huge show in Brazil. I look for him to destroy Okami in the first round, by something awesome.

Post #2   6/13/11 4:31:57PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,658-951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
At Brazil. A chance to avenge a DQ loss. This is just what we need to see to get a top-tier athlete a chance to show his skills. I have all the respect in the world for Okami. That being said, Anderson is gonna own him

Post #3   6/13/11 4:48:32PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Finally - a chance for my bias to shine.

While Anderson keeps playing DDR, Okami has slowly but surely transformed into a new and improved fighter.

Okami's stand up has become mature - not flashy but mature.
Okami's wrestling is still improving as we speak and his strength is unmatched by the Dance-Dance Revolution expert, Anderson Silva.

I will have kegs of beer to celebrate this event. .....and if Anderson dances to a victory - that just means I need to drink more.

Post #4   6/13/11 4:57:00PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:
Silva will dance all over Okami's face.

Post #5   6/13/11 5:13:13PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

While Anderson keeps playing DDR, Okami has slowly but surely transformed into a new and improved fighter.

Okami's wrestling is still improving as we speak and his strength is unmatched by the Dance-Dance Revolution expert, Anderson Silva.

I will have kegs of beer to celebrate this event. .....and if Anderson dances to a victory - that just means I need to drink more.

one of the most incoherent blocks of words I've ever seen. I applaud you.

Post #6   6/13/11 5:13:19PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

he may already be a keg in right now lol

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   6/13/11 5:16:37PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
Where is your sense of humor, playground members?

I pray Okami puts this video game addict in his place.

Post #8   6/13/11 5:20:10PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Don't you think I should be prop-ed?

Post #9   6/13/11 5:21:22PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:
andy will destroy him, sick 2nd rnd ko im thinking

Post #10   6/13/11 6:01:24PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Anderson Silva is probably the best fighter on the planet right now. At the very least, he is the best fighter nicknamed "The Spider".

Honestly though, what he has done in his time in the UFC is legendary. I don't know if he is 12-0 or 13-0 right now, but the list of names he has massacred is undeniably impressive. He has beat Leben, Marquardt, Lutter, Franklin (in his peak, twice), Dan ******* Henderson, Griffin, Irvin, Maia, Leites, Sonnen, Belfort....all without losing. Winning and defending the UFC Middleweight championship since his second fight in the promotion.

I don't know who could beat Anderson, besides potentially Jon Jones (AS>GSP=IMO). Okami has been training with Sonnen, and more likely than not studying the blueprint from Sonnen-Silva, and subtracting the triangle at the end. But will that be enough?

Ultimately, Sonnen lost to Silva. And AS allegedly had bad ribs during the fight. In a previous "win" over Silva, Okami was knocked out.

Silva wins.

Post #11   6/13/11 6:03:20PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
This fight is closer then most Anderson scrotum swingers are admiting. Okami is one of the physically strongest MWs in the UFC and his strength is wrestling, Anderson is one of the best strikers ever but we have seen time and time again a high school wrestler has better takedown defense then he does.

Okami has better striking then Sonnen and Sonnen managed to get it to the ground. Sonnen also is stupid bad a BJJ defense and it still took 22 minutes for Anderson to sub him. There is teh EXCUSE of broken ribs yet anderson did not complain about them until the second round and he said in his corner "he broke my ribs"

Okami has the tools to take the belt from Anderson. Its a matter if he uses the tools wisely or not.

Post #12   6/13/11 7:19:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Chips:
okami got over ten ufc fights under his belt
and has yet to be finished, where is the love at??

Post #13   6/13/11 9:21:27PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

okami got over ten ufc fights under his belt
and has yet to be finished, where is the love at??

its stuck to andersons nuts...

Post #14   6/13/11 10:36:51PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

This fight is closer then most Anderson scrotum swingers are admiting. Okami is one of the physically strongest MWs in the UFC and his strength is wrestling, Anderson is one of the best strikers ever but we have seen time and time again a high school wrestler has better takedown defense then he does.

Okami has better striking then Sonnen and Sonnen managed to get it to the ground. Sonnen also is stupid bad a BJJ defense and it still took 22 minutes for Anderson to sub him. There is teh EXCUSE of broken ribs yet anderson did not complain about them until the second round and he said in his corner "he broke my ribs"

Okami has the tools to take the belt from Anderson. Its a matter if he uses the tools wisely or not.

You're underestimating his wrestling. He got taken down by Henderson, Lutter, Marquardt, and Sonnen. All of these men are very talented grapplers.

Against Hendo he survived and ended up getting on top in the second round. Against Lutter, it didn't matter because he got the sub. Against Marquardt, he hit a switch (a wrestling move) and ended up on top before knocking him out.

Against Sonnen, he was fighting with injured ribs. Also, he got hit with a big punch early which threw him off balance and hurt his TDD. Once Sonnen started wearing him out and gaining confidence the takedowns came easier. However, Silva did actually take Sonnen down at one point and reverse him at another. Plus, if you buy his excuses, he wanted the fight on the ground so he could submit him.

Moral of the story, Anderson has decent wrestling. Plus, any hole he has there is covered up by the fact that he is better than most in grappling and better than all in striking.

Post #15   6/13/11 11:57:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2