Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With UFC bringing in flyweights, will Tachi Palace suffer? Luchau doesn't think so

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A unique selling point of Tachi Palace Fights in recent years has been its flyweight division.

The California-based promotion has recruited talent aggressively and built a roster that includes several of the world's top-ranked 125-pound fighters.

With recent news that the UFC is soon to add the sport's lightest class to its roster, you'd think Tachi would be bracing itself for a exodus of talent, and naturally not be too happy about it.

Article

Post #1   6/13/11 4:15:17PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
It was a good article. I think the UFC should do it as soon as possible. I think it would be good for them to get some new talent and offer another division to the best promotion in the world. I agree with what was said, the UFC won't take guys, because Tachi Palace is pretty much a minor league that will ready fighters for the UFC. Look forward to seeing more on this in the future.

Post #2   6/13/11 4:38:04PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,528-1,568
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I used to charge 5 cents for those rides! Man inflation has really hurt the mustache industry, but more to the point I think it will hurt Tachi a little but these days the talent pool (especially in the lighter weight classes) is growing so fast I don't think it will be a huge issue replacing guys that go to the UFC.

Post #3   6/13/11 6:51:11PM