Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Junior dos Santos Installed as Early Favorite Against UFC Champ Cain Velasquez

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,182-1,748
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Junior dos Santos had not even gotten back to his locker room by the time fans and media everywhere were deep in thought about his future UFC heavyweight championship bout with Cain Velasquez.

Another party quite interested: gamblers.

According to noted MMA linesmaker Nick Kalikas, dos Santos is a slight edge in the possible fall matchup.

Just moments after UFC 131 ended, Kalikas installed dos Santos as a -125 favorite, giving him a very slight edge over the champion, who was listed at -105.

Link

Man I wish I had some money to throw down on Velasquez. I know he'll be going into the fight with a big layoff, but I have Cain winning.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   6/12/11 7:53:08PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,170-2,435
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Junior, he's my favorite Heavyweight, and I think he can do it. But, there is no reason why he should be a favorite over the current champion. No challenger should be a favorite over the champion.

Post #2   6/12/11 7:56:15PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,976-1,546
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Junior, he's my favorite Heavyweight, and I think he can do it. But, there is no reason why he should be a favorite over the current champion. No challenger should be a favorite over the champion aside from GSP getting his rematch against Serra .

Fixed

Post #3   6/12/11 8:00:57PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:4,170-2,435
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

Hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Junior, he's my favorite Heavyweight, and I think he can do it. But, there is no reason why he should be a favorite over the current champion. No challenger should be a favorite over the champion aside from GSP getting his rematch against Serra .

Fixed

Thanks for looking out. haha!

Post #4   6/12/11 8:03:03PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Cain UD, it's going 5.

Post #5   6/12/11 9:16:11PM   

calitrees

MMA Regular

calitrees Avatar

Career:2,325-1,435
Chips:
crazy cain still cant get respect hes the champ

Post #6   6/12/11 9:49:18PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,894-2,687
Chips:
Cain being out for a year may make a difference

Post #7   6/12/11 10:57:50PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:1,113-790
Chips:
I say Junior wins this fight by keeping it standing and simply outstrikes Cain but I can see Cain winning the last 2 rounds by heart and cardio. I think Junior will win the first 3 rounds though.

Post #8   6/12/11 11:19:26PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:
Does anyone remember when Cheik Kongo dropped Cain Velasquez at the opening of every round? Cheik could have beaten him if he only knew how to wrestle. With JDS' takedown defense I think he is going to knock Cain out.

Post #9   6/12/11 11:28:01PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,182-1,748
Chips:
From the looks of it so far, the playground odds might shape up to be the same. I guess I should have put up a poll about who takes the fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #10   6/12/11 11:33:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

Fixed

just about to say that lol

what about Bones/Shogun, Penn/Edgar II, Edgar/Maynard II, Shogun/Machida II, Rampage/Liddell II? how were those odds looking?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   6/12/11 11:49:14PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:424-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
The champion does not necessarily have to be the favorite in all cases but in this case, Cain should be the favorite.

I forgot what the betting odds were for Randy vs Belfort but Belfort won due to no contest in their second fight in which Belfort was awarded the championship. In their third fight, Randy spanked Belfort just as hard as he spanked him in their first meeting. - As a bookie, it would be very difficult for me to open the betting lines of the third fight to favor Belfort when I know Randy has spanked Belfort in the first fight.

Back to Cain and JDS: Although Junior displayed excellence in his fight with Carwin, he is still a challenger. Cain has proven he is the champ and has brought Goliath to his knees.

Post #12   6/13/11 12:06:34AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,141-2,951
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Hype. Don't get me wrong, I love Junior, he's my favorite Heavyweight, and I think he can do it. But, there is no reason why he should be a favorite over the current champion. No challenger should be a favorite over the champion.

This. It's all hype here. Here's an awesome challenger and I can't wait for the fight but I honestly see Cain winning. Gonna put a bet down here.

Post #13   6/13/11 1:46:03AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

Fixed

just about to say that lol

what about Bones/Shogun, Penn/Edgar II, Edgar/Maynard II, Shogun/Machida II, Rampage/Liddell II? how were those odds looking?

Penn v Pulver 1 Pulver was a 7 to 1 underdog... wish i bet on that fight...

Post #14   6/13/11 3:21:56AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:3,409-2,427
Chips:
I think dos Santos is in serious danger of being knocked out by Cain Velasquez. Shane Carwin may have a little bit of power but his boxing technique is seriously lacking. Velasquez has real power which comes from real technique.How is Junior going to react to a barrage of heavy crisp punches? I think Cain is far quicker and has more power and better technique than Junior has but how is Cain going to react if he does get hit by Junior? We can't forget that 3 or 4 times Kongo quivered Cain in their fight. Cain recovered quickly each time and ended up beating the tar out of Kongo but that fight proved that Cain can be dazed. We don't really know what kind of jaw Junior has as nobody has really whacked him real hard yet. I don't see how Junior is a slight favorite in this fight. If one of them doesn't knock the other out real quick it should be one hell of a war. Is anybody thinking about Velasquez's impressive Wrestling ability? Can dos Santos equalize it? I can't wait. I know one thing....Cain and Junior are two of my favorites. I hate when my favorites have to fight each other!!!!!

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #15   6/13/11 3:29:32AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2